new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
EzeebMOS3
Car: 08 3.5 Altima coupe Black Pre/Tec/CVT 35%/20% tint, Injen intake, Nismo Cat-back, Eibach proline spr

Can anyone put up some vids on youtube of a 3.5 with the current BullyDog tuner?

mcheddadi
Car: R8

rjdmmfl1 wrote:
GROUPBUY = NICO... we wouldn't have it any other way!
lol so true haha, NICO's altima section is made of GB and WIN

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

rjdmmfl1 wrote:
GROUPBUY = NICO... we wouldn't have it any other way!

Lets do this

infused305
Car: Nissan A/C 2.5s w/cvt fully loaded

what gains can you expect out of a a/c 2.5s?

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

im waiting to hear from them.....

crayzitalian3
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S

i can't wait for this man, i wish it would come by next week cause my birthday is next tuesday lol. its all good. just a little more patience and it should be here!

doensn't this have the same performance stuff as the power pup does but with more features to play around with?

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

crayzitalian3 wrote:i can't wait for this man, i wish it would come by next week cause my birthday is next tuesday lol. its all good. just a little more patience and it should be here!

doensn't this have the same performance stuff as the power pup does but with more features to play around with?

QR25DE
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe 2.5L 6MT Turbo

infused305 wrote:what gains can you expect out of a a/c 2.5s?
Well I called them last night and they gave me 1.2.2B (includes ZN66A for my ECU). I went and put in 91 octane and flashed the ECU with the premium tune. I didn't bother removing the speed limiter or rev limiter yet but I can tell you, you can certainly feel the difference.

I had the girlfriend come along and when it was done flashing we went for a drive on the hwy. No other cars were around so I down shifted into third and got on it. I noticed right away there was no bucking and power is delivered equally across the rev range. Shifting other gears from like third to forth, forth to fifth and so on is like butter now. Even if you do not shift at the right rpm it just feels smoother and a lot less bucking of the motor (if you are a crappy shifter lol).

I haven't put it on the dyno yet but it should be easy since my best friend works for them here in the city. I'll see what I can do by next weekend.

This morning I went back to the stock tune and immediately realized what the Power Pup does. Flashed back to Premium again after about 5 minutes of driving (I couldn't stand stock anymore).

Now here's the question: How much extra HP does it give you?

Answer: I'll dyno it, but I'm not expecting much at all... I mean sure it may give you a bit, maybe 5-10 but we will see. I think it's a faux perception thing too where you are expecting it to be better. You can certainly feel the difference but it's not super overwhelming.

Bottom line: Is it worth it?

My Opinion: Probably, depending on your budget. I mean it's great and all but would probably be better if you had other mods first like an intake, exhaust, etc. I have the stock intake and stock exhaust. If you're wiling to put $400+ into your car, I say hold off on the PowerPup until everything else is done (like exhaust, intake).

mcheddadi
Car: R8

Nice review! Gains on a 3.5SE should be more substantial.I see that every store re-adjusted their price to 399$.I guess the GB prices I got here http://forums.altimas.org/zerothread?id=405241 are more appealing now lol.

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

QR25DE wrote:Answer: I'll dyno it, but I'm not expecting much at all... I mean sure it may give you a bit, maybe 5-10 but we will see. I think it's a faux perception thing too where you are expecting it to be better. You can certainly feel the difference but it's not super overwhelming.
Please dyno this bad boy as soon as possible. the before and after...

Please and thank you

EzeebMOS3
Car: 08 3.5 Altima coupe Black Pre/Tec/CVT 35%/20% tint, Injen intake, Nismo Cat-back, Eibach proline spr

Get some vids up on youtube!

crayzitalian3

for those of you who ordered from ourdealsrock, did you get any word on when this should be at our door steps, or when they will be receiving them, i had one person tell me they should be receiving them this week, so anyone else hear anything?

jlmedrano_1985
Car: 2009 Altima Coupe 2.5 CVT

mcheddadi wrote:Nice review! Gains on a 3.5SE should be more substantial.I see that every store re-adjusted their price to 399$.I guess the GB prices I got here http://forums.altimas.org/zerothread?id=405241 are more appealing now lol.
Are theses prices still good? Im just wondering if they readjusted thier prices like everyone else.

Rob.Vegan
Car: 08 2.5S Altima Coupe 76 Datsun 280z (not running)

Happy belated birthday Crazy... I'm joining you and Nurseyboy for the May birthday parties :D

However me and my brother have the same birthday (not twins) and this year our birthday falls on Mother's Day so we're splitting the day three ways

crayzitalian3

hey thanks a lot Rob, once this comes man, we'll will have the best month ever lol, everyone is going to wish they had this, and sorry to off topic even more guys, but how are those hood lifts holding up, i noticed earlier you posted up a pic of your hood being lifted on the left side or something

mastersapo
Car: 2008 2.5 S Altima Coupe 6MT

So to reiterate, has anyone actually received one of these yet? If so, which site did you order from?

crayzitalian3

lol, if you guys want to laugh then check out this surprising news, i got in touch with ourdealsrock and they said they should be shipping out by first week of june, they said they were supposed to receive shipments in of the gt's this week, so idk whats going, i guess we got to wait till june, funny thing is, i might be swapping cars right now, depending on the insurance, i got word from a dealership that they can swap me out of my finance car now and switch me into a 370z, its not official but would be great!

BrianAdams03
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE CVT

crayzitalian3 wrote:lol, if you guys want to laugh then check out this surprising news, i got in touch with ourdealsrock and they said they should be shipping out by first week of june, they said they were supposed to receive shipments in of the gt's this week, so idk whats going, i guess we got to wait till june, funny thing is, i might be swapping cars right now, depending on the insurance, i got word from a dealership that they can swap me out of my finance car now and switch me into a 370z, its not official but would be great!
If you look on Bullydog's website, the gas GT still has Coming Soon on it(I check multiple times a week waiting for it to be release ) So the people at ourdealsrock are just trying to cover their a** for charging you and others months ahead from when they should have. If you decide to get the 370z and don't need the tuner anymore.....i'll be more than happy to pay you w/e you paid for it if you can't use it on the 370. That's if it ever comes out........

crayzitalian3

BrianAdams03 wrote:
If you look on Bullydog's website, the gas GT still has Coming Soon on it(I check multiple times a week waiting for it to be release ) So the people at ourdealsrock are just trying to cover their a** for charging you and others months ahead from when they should have. If you decide to get the 370z and don't need the tuner anymore.....i'll be more than happy to pay you w/e you paid for it if you can't use it on the 370. That's if it ever comes out........
I wouldn't mind selling it, but I'm pretty sure they would have an update for the Z. But, realistically speaking, the only way I can get this car is if I can find an insurance company to give me cheap car insurance, which probably wouldn't happen because I am only 20!

DJ08Nismo
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Sedan

Update on the Bullydog GT. I have not seen anyone say they are running this or not. I'll be the R&D for the board. lol.

Just found this in stock at truckaddons.com... Picked it up today for $329.54 shipped$359.54 w/ a $30.00 coupon.

You can select our cars toward the end of the ordering process.I'll keep everyone up to date.

I have minor bolt on's...Fujita F5 WAI and Nismo Exhaust.08 3.5 Sedan

Here's the link...http://www.truckaddons.com/Cat...t.htm

cujo1809
Car: 2007 Altima 3.5SE CVT Premium Package

I contacted bullydog last week and they said it is suppose to be ready to ship first week of june so I doubt that site has them in stock.

DJ08Nismo
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Sedan

Yes! I talked to the online "Help" before ordering and they stated they were in stock.

After ordering I got a call sayin these were not shipping till MID June!I'm sticking will bolt on's for now.

This being cheaper than the Power Pup, I think it's worth it even if it doesn't give us much more than 5 WHP. With the GT giving us readings right off the computer using the stock sensors is a good idea in my book.

crayzitalian3

well if ourdealsrock is telling the truth we should be receiving it this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Datalux
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SL w/ CVT, Tech, Etc.

DJ08Nismo wrote:Update on the Bullydog GT. I have not seen anyone say they are running this or not. I'll be the R&D for the board. lol.

Just found this in stock at truckaddons.com... Picked it up today for $329.54 shipped$359.54 w/ a $30.00 coupon.
Thanks for the heads-up, Just ordered one! I guess we'll see if they ship anytime soon. (crosses fingers)

crayzitalian3

crayzitalian3 wrote:well if ourdealsrock is telling the truth we should be receiving it this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I meant next week

crayzitalian3

got another email from ourdealsrock today and they said that bullydog hasn't shipped out the gt tuner for our cars, they said they started shipping out the watchdog product.

so hopefully within this month they should be shipping the gt tuner to ourdealsrock and we should be receiving them later this month (hopefully this will happen, it is just my opinion so that take it literally).

ONE MORE THING:For all of you guys with the power pup, can you take some videos of before and after footage, as in:

accerlerationtop speedrev limiter

also video of:

how to use the power pupdifferent modes for the vehicle

and whatever else you guys can video that i haven't mentioned

i just want to get an idea of what i will be experiencing in the future!!

hopefully one of you guys can pull through with a cool video!!

thanks for the help!

crayzitalian3

just got this from bullydog

Nick, We released the new WATCHDOG gauge monitor last week, and I do know that the GT GAS is next in line. It should be anytime now! Join us for our annual Dog Days in Denton, Texas! For more information visit our Bully Dog Days <http://www.bullydogdays.com> website. Bobby Rohmer Tech Support Bully Dog Sales And Distribution PHONE: (866) 285-5936 FAX: (940) 382-2467

mastersapo
Car: 2008 2.5 S Altima Coupe 6MT

This probably doesn't help the 3.5ers as I have a 2.5 but when I receive mine I plan to make use of my friends dyno. I will take a stock rating, performance tune rating, and then intake + performance tune rating.

BrianAdams03
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE CVT

Anyone got an update on their order yet? Bullydog still hasn't released it on their site yet but wanted to see if anyone has gotten it anyways.

Also, ourdealsrock.net has the price at $359 now so, still not that bad of a price.

crayzitalian3

hey guys, i have awesome, awesome news, here is an email i got from Bobby Rohmer, the Tech Support.

Nicholas, Our engineer actually finshed the version TODAY....he is testin it as we speak...it should be ready to give to customers either in the morning or the day after.

it should be at our door steps soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Altima General Discussions”