new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
yeSER
Car: 08 nissan sentra spec-v

Hey all, I have a 08 sentra spec-v and I just got the Gt tuner a little over a week ago. Of course they didnt have a file for my car yet so they are working on it. What was the average time it took for you guys when they didnt have the right file?

mcheddadi
Car: R8

i'd say average time is two weeks

yeSER

thxs man for the reply. I have i/h//mp/e, so im really interested to see what it can do for the sentra. If its cool, ill post up my thoughts and what the butt dyno says, lol. By the way, great looking alti coupes around here!!

mcheddadi

sounds nice! btw you got the optional hlsd on that specV?

yeSER

mcheddadi wrote:sounds nice! btw you got the optional hlsd on that specV?
Yes sir! hlsd, sunroof, rockford fosgate etc...

Mc, did you feel the difference more in the midrange or topend?

mcheddadi

on the vq35de it was the the midrange that got the biggest increase in torque I'd say. you can feel the change in the motor when you up the timing. it's awesome!

Nissan 4 LIFE
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL CVT Sedan Radiant Silver

dangeris wrote:
Thanks Guys The pillar mount is universal and I bought it at my local autozone. It was black and I painted it to match the interior. The tuner can come off if desired. You guys will need to purchase the gauge adapter from the bullydog website to make it work.
Hey I bought that same pillar mount and would like to know how you mounted it because it looks to me like its held by double sided tape after you molded it...I just want to stay away from drilling my A-Pillar just so I can go back to stock if need be later.

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Nissan 4 LIFE wrote:
Hey I bought that same pillar mount and would like to know how you mounted it because it looks to me like its held by double sided tape after you molded it...I just want to stay away from drilling my A-Pillar just so I can go back to stock if need be later.
Well at first I was using the double sided tape but that didn't last long cause it kept falling down So I actually have two of the screws that came with it holding it on. I painted them the same color as the mount so they wouldn't be as noticeable. Besides, you'll still need to drill a pretty significant hole on the pillar to make sure the cable that attaches to the tuner passes through.

Do yourself a favor and go to the dealer and order yourself an extra pillar. That's what I did and it cost me less than $20

Nissan 4 LIFE
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL CVT Sedan Radiant Silver

dangeris wrote:
Well at first I was using the double sided tape but that didn't last long cause it kept falling down So I actually have two of the screws that came with it holding it on. I painted them the same color as the mount so they wouldn't be as noticeable. Besides, you'll still need to drill a pretty significant hole on the pillar to make sure the cable that attaches to the tuner passes through.

Do yourself a favor and go to the dealer and order yourself an extra pillar. That's what I did and it cost me less than $20
Thanks, I will do that and I'll just rivet this to my stock one and cover the whole thing in Suede as I was going to reupholster the interior anyway.

mrmurphz
Car: 2007 Maxima SE

mcheddadi wrote: October 2009 Newsletter New and FREE software available! The GT and Watchdog product lines have a new software update thatis available free of charge. This new software includes a dramaticredesign on the Driving Coach; the redesign makes it easier to useand is loaded with additional features making it easier to drivemore efficiently and save fuel. The new software is available onall new units and for those that already have a GT or Watchdog, youcan download it for free on the UpdateAgent.
what is the latest software update? if anyone has it, can they post it or e-mail it to me?

thanks.

Jen_Razo
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S Sedan

JUST GET THE BULLYDOG I got the bullydog powerpup for my car.. i have a frkn 2.5 sand I beat a cadillac cts the v6 ones by like a fender on 40 rolls

Ranga14
Car: Boosted 08 Altima Coupe 3.5

I wonder if they'll ever be able to crack the RPM issue with the CVT. Or is it the same with the manual as well? It really beats me down, especially in the real high end speeds not being able to go full throttle.

isaac_b
Car: 2008 altima winter frost white 3.5 SE 6spd MT Premium Package

Hey guys i plan on buying this soon since i pretty much have every other performance mod other than a turbo lol. But i was wondering where you guys bought your unit from? I saw it on Jegs site for $399.99. Trying to find the best price.

yeSER

Issac, Check ebay. I got mine for 349.99 and free shipping.

Update: So, I finally got it tuned. Took the techs a week like they said. Ive been tuned for a couple days now, and all i have to say is that Im dying to drive my car as I type this post!

As said before, everthing is sooo smooth. More torque, and it just feels so much stronger. Am i saying 15-20 whp? HECK NO. But very impressed nonetheless. Again, no dyno numbers but looking to get 3 pulls in two weeks.

Jen_Razo
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S Sedan

im guessing... i kno thats fo sho

mrmurphz

Has anyone tried resetting their ecu with the tune and timing adjustments to see if they stay on?

rich2342
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

isaac_b wrote:Hey guys i plan on buying this soon since i pretty much have every other performance mod other than a turbo lol. But i was wondering where you guys bought your unit from? I saw it on Jegs site for $399.99. Trying to find the best price.
Very clean coupe with the nismo rims man. Got any more pics. i love it.

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

mrmurphz wrote:Has anyone tried resetting their ecu with the tune and timing adjustments to see if they stay on?
What do you mean? resetting the ecu to what? stock? performance? The weird thing about the timing is that the temp has to be above 188 for you to even advance or retard the timing It's not an option that can be pushed when the tune is uploaded.

nissassin

yeSER wrote:Issac, Check ebay. I got mine for 349.99 and free shipping.

Update: So, I finally got it tuned. Took the techs a week like they said. Ive been tuned for a couple days now, and all i have to say is that Im dying to drive my car as I type this post!

As said before, everthing is sooo smooth. More torque, and it just feels so much stronger. Am i saying 15-20 whp? HECK NO. But very impressed nonetheless. Again, no dyno numbers but looking to get 3 pulls in two weeks.
I just called Ourdealsrock.com and talked to Frank and he sold it to me for $329 free shipping.

mrmurphz

dangeris wrote:
What do you mean? resetting the ecu to what? stock? performance? The weird thing about the timing is that the temp has to be above 188 for you to even advance or retard the timing It's not an option that can be pushed when the tune is uploaded.
if you unplugged the battery overnight, would the settings stay on?

i've read somewhere that our ecus relearn their way back to stock and that the ecu needs to be reset every once in awhile. i'm wondering if the bullydog eliminates the need for this.

Ranga14

dangeris wrote:
Weird, I advanced my timing to +2 while sitting in park at around 183.

On another note, this is a big issue, something I made note of in another thread about feeling my transmission slip when I gun it really hard. Well after going to the dealership one day and they told me everything was fine, I tested things out again and I get the slip or more so a "loss of power" whenever I gun it 0-60 and when I'm around 50-60 full throttle it slips/loses power. It's not the TCS for there's no light that pops on.

I decided to look in the manual and it says that the CVT has some kind of safeguard against the transmission failing in case too much power is put into it or temperatures get too hot. I'll have to look up the exact verbiage when I get home but I believe this is some kind of safeguard kicking in rather than my transmission slipping. I think it's restricting power at a certain point.

I decided to reset everything to stock and gun it like mad once again, keep in mind I have Intake+Nismo exhaust as only aftermarket performance. After doing this SEVERAL times, nothing happens at any point in terms of the loss of power, slippage or whatever you wanna call it. I've yet to push it after putting the tune back on but I will soon.

I wonder if the boosted guys ever had this problem? Anyone had this issue that have Bullydog with a 3.5 CVT when gunning it full throttle?

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

I have an 08 3.5 CVT with intake, y-pipe, nismo exhaust, underdrive pulley and bullydog w/ premium tune and +1 timing, 16k miles on the odometer, and haven't had any issues with the CVT slipping or anything. Of course, if I'm at a stop and punch the gas the traction control kicks in and it can feel like something is slipping (the tires, haha), but nothing on the transmission level. Definitely no cut-backs on power or anything like that when I'm wide-open-throttle.

I had the tranny go out on an automatic Talon TSi I had a while back, and what would happen is I'd just be driving along, and all of a sudden the revs would go way up and I was effectively then in neutral / coasting (even though the gear selector was still in "drive"). Then it would suddenly grab again and I'd get power to the wheels again. It wasn't too many days after that started happening that it completely went out. I have no idea how the CVT would act if it were having issues, though.. Thank goodness they just doubled the warranty on it!

Anyhow, I don't want to say that there is something wrong with your transmission because I don't know what exactly is going on with yours. But, I would be more inclined to say that there is, considering I have a few more performance mods than you and don't have any issues with the engine/tranny cutting power when I have the pedal to the floor.

isaac_b
Car: 2008 altima winter frost white 3.5 SE 6spd MT Premium Package

So yeah just got mine today but i had to work then it started to snow so i really didnt get to test it out. but i am going to today!!! lol
Modified by isaac_b at 11:29 AM 2/13/2010

Ranga14

So I just got my Y-pipe in today and I'll say in comparison to the BullyDog, it's "somewhat" similar. I actually think the Bullydog gives you a bit more power than the Y-pipe, maybe as much as 10-15hp more. That's my opinion from getting on the new y-pipe some which is a worthy investment btw but I'm just saying the Bullydog is WELL WORTH IT to anyone looking into it.

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Exaclty

I said the same thing. It game about if not more power than the header installation. I have since sold my tuner and i miss it every time i drive. Such a difference in get up and go.

07calsonic
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

dont worry you got turbo on the way. trust me you will love that 10 times more than the tuner
dldjros69 wrote:

Exaclty

I said the same thing. It game about if not more power than the header installation. I have since sold my tuner and i miss it every time i drive. Such a difference in get up and go.

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Im not a patient man. Im dying here. it just shipped yesterday from California!

blackteam02
Car: Devil in a Blue Dress

i wish i could have turbo too!!

el_blacky06
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5s 6MT

i bearly installed it today in the morning but for some reason when i hit 115 mph at 4th gear my car jerked a bit and sent me back to 110 mph. has anyone ran into this problem before?

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

What do you mean you barely installed it...its either you did or you didn't...

Return to “Altima General Discussions”