new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

White2.5 wrote:Do you know if any of the other members had success with CVT? If I remember correctly, did the CVT prevent some of the features of the BD tuner as well?
The feature that is not working at the moment Cvt or not is the raising the rev limiter. Will it work in the future maybe, maybe not. Im not worried about it, i wouldnt use it if it did work.

Zerep - Luis - [email protected]

crayzitalian3 - Nick - [email protected]

Hit those clowns up... those are the only 2 i could find in the last few pages. i guess throck scared the rest of the people away...

Throckmorton
Car: 2007 Altima

Rob.Vegan wrote:I am wondering the same. I see a bunch of arguments building up in the thread, and I don't feel like reading through it all. How many people think the Tuner is worth it.
Let me ask you a question, one that I am having a hard time understanding. I am not bashing, just curious.

You apparently are willing to pay over $300.00 for a BD Tuner, but you “don’t feel like reading through it all.” Why not? It costs nothing, nada, zip, to read the posts in this forum. It will take you less time to read about the trials and tribulations of real purchasers, not some paid celebrity endorser, than it will to install the tuner once you purchase it.

Why not read the actual experiences of purchasers? Your question about how many people think the Tuner is worth it will be answered if you take the time to read the posts in this thread. Many people have had success, and are happy with the tuner.

As you have read, dldjros69 and I have had our share of disagreements about the tuner. He is very passionate, and sometimes he uses colorful language in his defense of the tuner. I’m sure that if he and I meet face to face, we would soon become friends. Friends who don’t always agree on everything. He has made a significant contribution to this forum, and will do so in the future.

I am not trying to “scare people away.” Far from it. I would rather allow people make an informed decision by reading opposing points of view.

Rob.Vegan
Car: 08 2.5S Altima Coupe 76 Datsun 280z (not running)

I didn't feel like reading through it all because from glancing through the last few pages, all I saw was useless bickering between the buyers/non-buyers.

Nevertheless, I read through all the pages last night. I am going to buy this and hopefully by now they have worked out most of the engine codes. I am mostly interested in the monitors and the premium tune, with being able to delete codes (headers), if those work then I'll be satisfied with my purchase.

One thing I did not see in this thread though is if it works with a Mac. All I heard was people using PC's and I was wondering if this tuner is compatible with macs since I don't have a PC

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Rob, I don't think you need a PC to install this. basically this will come with an Micro SD card. all the tunes should be built into the tuner already, If you have a USB SD card reader, and you pop it into ur PC or Mac, you should see that SD as an external drive. Now if you download that 1104D file and unzip it, you'll see that they are 3 files. those three files already exist on the SD card already so if you copy and paste those file into the SD card your just over writing the original files there. But do yourself a favor and copy those files off before you overwrite them just incase Anyway i believe that is just for revised updates on the tuner software. The tuner will have 1103 on it if I am not mistaken. No go buy it Rob!

mcheddadi
Car: R8

Throckmorton wrote:
Let me ask you a question, one that I am having a hard time understanding. I am not bashing, just curious.

You apparently are willing to pay over $300.00 for a BD Tuner, but you “don’t feel like reading through it all.” Why not? It costs nothing, nada, zip, to read the posts in this forum. It will take you less time to read about the trials and tribulations of real purchasers, not some paid celebrity endorser, than it will to install the tuner once you purchase it.

Why not read the actual experiences of purchasers? Your question about how many people think the Tuner is worth it will be answered if you take the time to read the posts in this thread. Many people have had success, and are happy with the tuner.

As you have read, dldjros69 and I have had our share of disagreements about the tuner. He is very passionate, and sometimes he uses colorful language in his defense of the tuner. I’m sure that if he and I meet face to face, we would soon become friends. Friends who don’t always agree on everything. He has made a significant contribution to this forum, and will do so in the future.

I am not trying to “scare people away.” Far from it. I would rather allow people make an informed decision by reading opposing points of view.
wise words

Rob.Vegan

mcheddadi wrote:
wise words
I agree, I wasn't saying that I wasn't going to read it, but from glancing through all I saw was arguing, after reading all of it I understand the shortcomings of the product. I can see the benefits, and notice where the confrontation set in. I am just not planning on buying this for a month or so and wasn't going to thoroughly read the 25 pages if I decided I just didn't want it.

But I do want it, and did read the pages and still want it. Dangeris, if you send me the money it takes sure I'll order it in a heartbeat and have it shipped overnight but I doubt that'll happen so I need to wait until I have the funds, and even then I need to decide which I want first. Exhaust, or Tuner

Zerep
Car: A/C 2.5R

i would say buy it from a place that lets you return it if your so worried. when i first got the tune on it was a hell of difference in the way the car takes off i had a friend in the car the other day that said what i think best summarizes what the tunner does to the car "man that s*** woke up" this is coming from a guy with a m3

DaCoupe
Car: 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 6MT, 2006 Ninja ZX-6 636, 2011 Mustang GT 5.0

What are the best sites to buy the GT from now?

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Truckaddons.com would be the best but do a quick search first because they offer price matching and they take an additional 5% off the lowered price to beat everyone's price!

blackteam02
Car: Devil in a Blue Dress

well as for the rest of us who are thinking about buying the BULLYDOG Gas Tuner...is it worth the 3 or 4 bills to get about 8HP?? with all the probs ive read here and there on this thread, it kinda seems as if this is a pos.

REVIEWS, we need'em!

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

blackteam02 wrote:is it worth the 3 or 4 bills to get about 8HP??
You tell me??? Is it worth it to you?

It was worth it to me, i couldnt freaken wait to get this mod.

(its more than just 8 hp though)

its throttle response, the engine revs up quicker, and all the kick asss features

mcheddadi

blackteam02 wrote:well as for the rest of us who are thinking about buying the BULLYDOG Gas Tuner...is it worth the 3 or 4 bills to get about 8HP?? with all the probs ive read here and there on this thread, it kinda seems as if this is a pos.

REVIEWS, we need'em!
thing is maybe its 8hp max hp more, but it definitely feels like 30hp more in the mid range

Dexion

I think we should all stop with all the hp gain estimates until someone on the dyno proves it.

Rob.Vegan

blackteam02
Car: Devil in a Blue Dress

Dexion wrote:I think we should all stop with all the hp gain estimates until someone on the dyno proves it.
waaa daaa faaa?!?! u mean all these mods ppl are getting and nobody been to any sortta dyno?!?! MINUS THE BOOSTED GUYS.

whats that quote from Malibu's Most Wanted?..."ALL THAT BUFFNESS FOR NO REASON!!"

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

IVE BEEN SAYIN ILL GO TO THE DYNO. SEND ME SOME MONEY

Rob.Vegan

If I was concerned about the gains I would definitely ship some money out to you. But in all honesty I don't care if I get 1hp or 10. I would feel satisfied paying 3 bills for a component allowing me to track data and delete codes.

SHIFT_confucius
Car: 08AltiCoupe 2.5 6M silver

I have reviewed my earlier post (page 15) and stand by it completely. This mod - numbers be dammed - is equal to my any of my previous 'big impact' steps; springs, tires, RSB...and in addition, the fact that I can run performance numbers against my prev personal best - whooah. Well worth the price of admission!
SHIFT_confucius wrote:Gotta say...My first impression is that this has turned out to be one of the bigger impact mods for me yet. As much as the springs & rear sway bar did for the handling. The response\pull in my mid-range gears feels much stronger and that's with my air cond running on an 80 degree afternoon. No numbers to prove anything, but I know how my 2.5\MT can struggle if I stomp on it when I'm in 2nd or 3rd and at the lower end of the revs. No supercar change, but a nice improvement.

I'm moderately tuned for now; standard fuel, +1 advanced, bumped redline & top end.

Also, worked without drama. I set the car profile up ahead of time, hooked it to the OBDI and started selecting the specific vehicle. Download ran a while, and when the engine fan kicked on (even though my engine was off, parked in the garage, and hadn't been running for 12 hours), it freaked me out a bit. It finished doing it thing and was ready. I did have to wait to set the 'special features' settings until the engine was at operating temp.

Only using the HDMI cable for now. Will install once I figure out where I want to park it.

grv575

How about this - the regular tune definitely gives 1-2 mpg gain for me. That's measurable. I also tend to like the response more than the premium tune. The premium has more kick from a dead stop, but seems to slip the transmission a bit (maybe it's the +2 timing). Maybe my transmission is going, but no high pitched whines or anything yet. In any case, there's some #s for you.

mcheddadi

October 2009 Newsletter New and FREE software available! The GT and Watchdog product lines have a new software update thatis available free of charge. This new software includes a dramaticredesign on the Driving Coach; the redesign makes it easier to useand is loaded with additional features making it easier to drivemore efficiently and save fuel. The new software is available onall new units and for those that already have a GT or Watchdog, youcan download it for free on the UpdateAgent.

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

Good find! Updating now!

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

I dont think im gonna update my unit

This wont gain me any more hp or anything special

Me=lazy

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

dldjros69 wrote:I dont think im gonna update my unit

This wont gain me any more hp or anything special

Me=lazy
I updated because I like to have the latest-and-greatest stuff. In this case, though, it's not that much more great-er. It seems to look and perform the same as before. I'm sure there are some changes, but I didn't notice them in the few minutes I drove around with it after I updated.

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

nurseryboy wrote:I updated because I like to have the latest-and-greatest stuff. In this case, though, it's not that much more great-er. It seems to look and perform the same as before. I'm sure there are some changes, but I didn't notice them in the few minutes I drove around with it after I updated.
thanks for the heads up

If its the same then im not doin it

mcheddadi

nurseryboy wrote:I updated because I like to have the latest-and-greatest stuff. In this case, though, it's not that much more great-er. It seems to look and perform the same as before. I'm sure there are some changes, but I didn't notice them in the few minutes I drove around with it after I updated.

check if you can access the driving coach wizard.

Rob.Vegan

Well I know that with Ipods, if you don't install the latest update no matter how minute the changes. Your Ipod will freak the f**k out on you.

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Rob.Vegan wrote:Well I know that with Ipods, if you don't install the latest update no matter how minute the changes. Your Ipod will freak the f**k out on you.
No new information is being put into the bd tuner at the moment.

It sitting in my car lifeless no need to update if nothing changes.

mcheddadi

ok I've updated, now we can acces the driving coach setup and i can change the UNIT to metric now. I'll go change the car back to stock and then I'll update it again to see if rev unlimiter works

mcheddadi

Rev Limiter is still there at 6500ish rpm. speed unlimiter works as always. timing adjustments go from -8 up to +4.

driving coach looks very nice now btw lol

Dexion

The rev-limiter function seems abit more tricker on the 4th gen than the 3rd gen. It might be more difficult than just re-writting code.

On the 3rd gen Altima's if you rev it to the limiter it will bounce as fuel is being cut.

HOWEVER on the 4th gen Altima if you just stomp it in neutral (I only did this to test something) the Rev's just HOLD at 6700 RPM and don't bounce at all. Also if you are in gear and run all the way up. The car simply closes the throttle on you rather than cut fuel in and out (bounce)

And also just to note I DID get it up to 7100 RPM but only once and that was while playing with the throttle in neutral. It never happened again.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”