New Installed Spec Stage II Clutch!!

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Nismo Sr22GT
Car: College, taking care of my GF and Son, street racing, tuning cars, anything car related.

yes, after freakin 6 hours of bullsh*ttn', i finnally installed my spec stage II clutch, i have one question though, there is a sensor on the top of the tranny , behind the motor (when the tranny and motor are together) that it is damned near impossible to connect, so i just left it to see what its for, to see what my car is not doing or whatever, but my engine light comes on, instead of resetting my comp, id like to know what that sensor is for if anyone knows, also, the clutch seems very good in first, but feels like it slips just a little in second (normal driving), i know i have to let it break in for 300 miles, so thats probably it, any of you guys feel a difference after letting the clutch "break in"? thanks in advance.EJ

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

If you didn't surface the flywheel or clean the flywheel and pressure plate off really good with brakeclean you would have some slippage till you either burn off the light oil layer, or break through the glazing on the flywheel.

The sensor you left off is your Crank angle sensor, I suggest you stick it back, I don't know what it dose, but it's a good thing to have if it keeps your OBDII Nazi engine management happy.

later,Paul

Nismo Sr22GT
Car: College, taking care of my GF and Son, street racing, tuning cars, anything car related.

thanks alot paul, do u have any recomendations on how to get to it? my hands are pretty big(can hold a basketball upside down no problem) and i couldnt get to it, my gf can help i guess, much smaller thinner hands, should i move the engine just a bit forward or what else could i do? id have to have to remove the tranny again, such a pain without the needed tools.thanks alot

Daunttless

have you thought about using something like long handled pliers?

Nismo Sr22GT

no, i didnt think about it, i was just too tired really, right after, took a shower, went to sleep, but thanks, ill have to try it tomorrow, im putting in my KYB Gr2 shocks anyways, thanks daunt. any other suggestions?

Daunttless

if you can you really should get your flywheel resurfaced, you should resurface it everytime you change your clutch so long as its possible to do. Also, did you change your throwout bearing? If you didn't that could cause problems and you'll ahve to tear everything apart again.

Also, as far as the shocks go, did you get a spring compressor? : )

Nismo Sr22GT

yes, i did get the throwout bearing, i got the kit, and yes i know i should get the flywheel resurfaced but those damn bolts are too damned tight, i guess ill just do it next weekend, and get that flywheel resurfaced, i did clean it pretty good though, and sanded that worn out black stuff off the flywheel, dont worry, it was very fine sandpaper, and yes, tomorrow i will also get the spring compressor, dont feel like dying tomorrow.

Daunttless

: )

Nismo Sr22GT

well, i installed the new struts for the front on my car, man, those old struts were completely shot! you could push them in with ease, and woudnt even come back up, the ride is significantlybetter in the front, didnt have time to do the rear today, itll have to wait till next weekend to insall the rear shocks an the B&M short shifter, anything i should know about installing the rear shocks? i have a 98 240, thanks in advance

GoofyATX240

Hope you have better luck then I did lmao mine was slipping I did all the same things u did and once I hit 300 miles yesterday it crapped out on me so bad i couldnt go up a hill cause it wouldnt catch.

Nismo Sr22GT

damn, thats messed up, well the clutch seems to be catching pretty good, alot better than the old worn out one anyways, i've put 100 miles on it already, do u guys think its best to put all 300 at the same time or just daily drives? would it be ok if i get to those 300 miles and see if the clutch catches good then if it doesnt, resurface the flywheel?

GoofyATX240

Its 300 in stop and go.And just do it like that and resurface the flywheel u really need to do it.But I hope you dont have any problems i emailed spec and they emailed me back basically calling me a dumb**** cause there clutch didnt work on my car for **** even though we broke it in and checked out the assembly a billion times over.

240Degrees

You know what they say about guys with big hands, right? ;)

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

240Degrees wrote:You know what they say about guys with big hands, right? ;)

Big gloves....

240Degrees

you betcha! :D

Nismo Sr22GT

or one helluva Bit*h slap!!!!

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”