New Import Tuner

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
ninjak84
Car: S13, Z32, Titan

-the cover car is a silvia- there is a street driven 425hp 240sx inside-theres info on SR20 and RB26 engine swaps- lots more nissan goodies

i just bought it, looks really good though as far as nissan is concerned.thought id let everyone know

Mike09

damn i only wish i afford to get 425hp out of my car.

ninjak84

wow, this is undeniably the best import tuner ever! im not a regular reader, but i flipped through this one and had to buy it, heres why:

- the cover car is an SR powered S15 silvia- there is an article inside detailing the entire history of the skyline, and then theres 3 featured skylines (R32,33,34) that are all owned by APEX'i workers, how cool is that?- the tuner pages shows a pulley install, and an exhaust install and dyno on a 95 or 96 240sx-there is another featured street driven 240sx with 425hp! its a complete sleep, but amazing none the less.

i can answer any questions if you dont feel like getting it, the cover model isnt too special anyways:rolleyes

SWIFT_DRIFT

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you here, just hear me out. The new issue is a waste of money :(

okay wow an s15 engine in an s14...okay...didn't need to spend 5 bucks to see that. coulda seen that on the internet.There is ZERO new/relevant info on swaps of any kind.the history is good reading, but i've read all of that on the web, and they don't have any pics of the old skylines, just r32's-34's which everyone has already seen pics of. being a history lesson they don't have good historical pics.wow power pages where someone puts some mods on and they dyno it...again dont need to spend 5 bucks to read about that.Yes that sleeper s14 was pretty cool, but kinda pissed me off cuz Tuner flipped most of the engine shots, so the turbo was on the wrong side...a quality magazine shouldn't do that man.

IMO it was not worth flipping through all of the rice pages of crap to read maybe 10 pages of okay stuff. my opinion, thank you.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I have never looked at one.:ofaceWill do so tonite.

Fred...:)

ninjak84

SWIFT_DRIFT: theres nothing in a magazine that you wont find on the internet. it was pretty cool to see a 90% nissan magazine tho, compared to the honda fest that is usually in import tuner.

SWIFT_DRIFT

yeah i agree thats a first for tuner...nissans! im just saying if you go to the mag stand, read it all right there, save ur money, you wont miss much :P

ninjak84

haha, i hear ya:D

GatorS14
Car: 93/s13/white,96/s14/crashed...ask about parts

i bought the magizine,anyone notice the ad right before the power pages?"unorthodox pulleys" then they use them on the 240sx 2 pages later ( no biggie right?) on the rsx all DC bolt ons they use are all on an ad towards the end of the magizine with the same dyno chart? fishey fishey

ser chicken
Car: cars, water and writing

personaly, i have never read an import tuner or turbo or just about any other rice magazine (not including scc) that was at all worth any amount of money... they just seem to show pics of nasty chicks leaning on nice cars (HELLO!! get your stiletto heels of my CF HOOD!), and the write ups consist of them telling you how the guy spent 80,000 on his car, it sits in a garage, has an awsome CLARION stereo, and it cost alot of money to build... if i wanted to hear about that i would stand in the tuner section of pep-boys or autozone and start talkin to the rice kids... the reason i made an exception on scc is because they take the time to take photos that normally look like they should be on a wall somewhere, and their write ups, whoa, talk about technical stuff! like.. whats been done the car... and... whoa! how! lolanyway... my 2 cents... i really shouldnt give out my 2 cents cause im that poor... but eh.-pete

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

SCC is definitly a great magazine. I have a subscription to Stupid Street, and some of the stuff is good, but most of it is crap. The only parts of Super Street I enjoy are when they are featuring a Japanese car, like in the last issue, with those two Skylines.

Oh I saw something really funny in the last SCC. They were doing an article on Japanese Enduro Racing, and they were talking about the rear mounted fuel tanks (the "gas cap" that comes out in the trunk). I don't have the mag to quote it, but they said something like "This is where they fuel up the cars, and it is actually function unlike some we see on American Skylines..." then it went on to explain how it works. I just thought it was so funny, because it seemed to be directly making fun of Craig Leiberman's car.

ser chicken

i have to say... my favorite SCC article to date (as far as humor goes) was the 510 rally beater part 4... if anyone knows it... its the one where they "build" the "Evolution II safari edition" "the evo II's power plant was first seasond for rally duty by four years of driving around japan in an S13 silvia. then, in preporation for rally duty, the car was carefully crashed, the engine delicately removed, lovingly stacked in a crate with dozens of other engines, and aged, like a fine wine, in the Gardena Calif. wharehouse of G-speed engine importers"just a sample... this time i gave someone else's 2 cents... i hope they appreciate it!-pete

sr20meplease
Car: cars

alot of the new mags are turning nissan...more coverage means people that want them...that means prices go up...damnit

ser chicken

plus it means more riced out nissans... speaking of rice... i saw a mustang tonight with SIR and GTR elblems... pepboys loves that guy!-pete

sr20meplease
Car: cars

HAHAHA i guess he couldn't decide if he wanted to be a honda mustang or a nissan mustang

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

SCC rocks. Too bad there is a lot of Nissan coverage. Maybe its about time for the Gen II RX-7.

Their S13 looks sooo sick. Nothing major, but I absolutly love flat black. Plus its like a $50 paint job. We're gonna do that to my brother's car....

240SXy
Car: 1993 240SX coupe

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SWIFT_DRIFT "]Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you here, just hear me out. The new issue is a waste of money :(1the history is good reading, but i've read all of that on the web, and they don't have any pics of the old skylines, just r32's-34's which everyone has already seen pics of. being a history lesson they don't have good historical pics.1

Not to be picky or anything, but I have that magazine and there are pics of older skylines. (Yeah, watch my post count go up!)

Return to “General Chat”