NEW HERE

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Romeo5k
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45~296k miles -- DEAD
2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 == 100,305 miles

Hello, Well, im not actually new here, im new to Maxima family.. And I've been away from any Nissan vehicles since 2013 i think..
Any who i lucked up and ran across and elder with a 08 Maxima with 112k miles. Put a new battery in it and fired it up and i drove it out of town the other day.. Well i tried to come thru the site and read thru what i could read about ((TRIED)). And its all seeming like mumbo jumbo, so ill just ask for any advice you may have for me.
I saw this in one of the links shared from a post. : http://www.carparts.com/details/Nissan/ ... 9-4.html
Is that an okay brand/quality? Back in my Infiniti days, i used Tokico ::shrugs::
I also plan on doing a tune up by myself I was looking at the spark plugs and saw NGK.. https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/igniti ... ma?q=spark But there are 3 NGK, which one isn't overkill?
Also i noticed a little rattle and what not when driving and hitting a bump, strut replacement may fix that otherwise, I'm thinking control arms. And there is a power steering leak somewhere, I might use some stop leak temporarily till i can replace the hose..
Oh how good are the injectors o these vehicles? I cant imagine them being more sensitive than the 95s Infiniti Q45s. Otherwise, a can of BG44k should work every 6mos or so?
I know i asked a ot of open questions, im just trying to make sure i don't do something stupid, thinking i know what I'm doing basing it off an Infiniti.. Thank You

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

What's up! Congrats on the new Maxima! And to answer most of your questions: what are your expectations out of the car? If you're wanting to have a performance machine, those shocks aren't for you. If you're just wanting to tool around, go for it. But really anything from the auto parts store will work. FWIW, I've never heard of those. Same with the plugs. As long as they're iridium, you'll be fine. Don't need the expensive ones unless you're going for power or anything like that.

Rattle on Nissans can either be deteriorated upper shock mounts, or hood bump stops. Sometimes it's something else but those are the two normal culprits.

And these cars have the newer style injectors, so definitely not as bad as the old Q injectors. I feel your pain on those, as I'm an early style Z32 owner.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”