NEW GUY!

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
DirtyBurty
Car: 1975 Datsun 620 Lil' Hustler
2003 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Hey guys. I'm new to the forums. I just got my truck today. It's a 75 Datsun Lil' Hustler. It's not in too bad of shape... it was an old farm truck that I plan on bringing back to life. It doesn't really run... carb problems it looks like. I'll post pictures here when I can. I plan on making it a semi-daily driver though.From what I understand the L20B can be a pretty strong motor? I will probably not rebuild the internals. It doesn't have to be major fast... I just want it to be as fast as my SE-R Spec V. Just a good little driving car. Should I go with dual sidedrafts? Or will a single carb be enough you think? Where can I get duals?That's first on the list since that will get it running. Also, I haven't looked at the seat brackets. Anyone got any tips on bucket swaps?Thanks guys. I'm excited to be here!

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

welcome man!theres a lot of info on seat swaps depending on what you specifically want to go for... just search for some of that info

L20 is good... but its not gonna be as fast as a specv without some legit work

single carb is enough and cheaper... but sidedrafts are amazing! search ebay for those unless you want to go broke buying new ones

DirtyBurty
2003 Nissan SE-R Spec V

The 03 Spec V is my wifes car, btw. I'm a long time Nissan/Datsun fan. I've had a 86 Stanza Wagon 4WD, two Maximas 95 and 96, 92 240sx, 03 Spec V and now this Lil' Hustler. My buddy has had several Z's, a hardbody, a 200sx, and sadly he has strayed from the Nissan world to a Jeep.CAI and exhaust are what I do to pretty much every vehicle. I don't want a 10 second car, I just want to be 15 or under. That's where I was with my 240sx and was happy. I'm trying not to add turbo or SC. I am all about bargain pimping. The most bang for the buck.If I do a dual carb setup with a peanut head and header back exhaust, where would that put it? And approx how much would that set me back? I've seen a lot of talk about the peanut heads but I don't see a documented teardown/assembly or the amount of gains.

PEZi

dual carb (used) around $500header about $150 rest of the exhaust it depends on shop you take it to

there is a guy in a 720 that would be about the same performance wise as this... he has a weber carb with a full exhaust on the z24... the z24 is obviously bigger than your but has an emissions head... so they would be roughly the same performance wise... and he ran it down the strip at 18.66 @ 69.97mph

yours could be a little quicker i suppose due to better gearing in the 620s... but overall that's kinda what you're lookin at for a 'budget' build

DirtyBurty
2003 Nissan SE-R Spec V

See if I can get some pics here...

Modified by DirtyBurty at 1:18 PM 10/19/2009

PEZi

not bad man!

Return to “Datsun 620”