New guy looking to restore a Datsun

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
NeedaDatsun
Car: Hoping to own and restore a Datsun in the near future

Hi everyone I'm from the Midwest I've been into Nissans and Datsuns since I was young. I've only had the chance to own a Sentra SE-R Spec V(sold). I have some money set aside for a project and I want a Datsun. I'd prefer a 510 or an old Z of some sort. I'm willing to start with a roller or just one that has been sitting around collecting rust. If anyone around me has any leads on some cars let me know so I can become a contributing member of this community!! hahaha. Thanks!!

gmac708
Car: :o)
1970 240Z
1972 510

Welcome to NICO. Good luck with search in the midwest. They are around, but pretty rusty. Best to search the sunshine states on Craigslist. Its also easier to find 240Z parts than 510 stuff. That will help with restoration.

Gord

Texas Jay
Car: 2011, 2013, and 2015 Nissan Sentras. First Nissan: 1978 Datsun 510 Hatchback.

NeedaDatsun wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:44 pm
Hi everyone I'm from the Midwest I've been into Nissans and Datsuns since I was young. I've only had the chance to own a Sentra SE-R Spec V(sold). I have some money set aside for a project and I want a Datsun. I'd prefer a 510 or an old Z of some sort. I'm willing to start with a roller or just one that has been sitting around collecting rust. If anyone around me has any leads on some cars let me know so I can become a contributing member of this community!! hahaha. Thanks!!
My first Datsun/Nissan was a 1978 510 Hatchback in blue with black louvers on the rear window. It was fantastic in high school. Parts would probably be hard to find. The 1970 to 1983 Z may be the way to go.

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”