New G37 owner with a few questions!

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
paugreeny83
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37 Sport Convertible, black on black

Hi all,

I recently took delivery of a stunning 2012 G37 Sport Convertible in black, and i'm blown away by it. I have got to grips with most of the technology (of which is endless). I do however have one or two questions to fire at the experienced Infiniti owners (apologies if these have already been addressed):

1). Is there a way to bypass the video safety feature whereby the video cut's out if the car is in motion and/or the hand-brake is off? The kids went from delight then despair in the space of 5 minutes!

2). Does the USB port read and display video files? I've tried and although the 'list' option shows the file(s), the player says 'file unreadable'. I have tried both .AVI and .MOV. If it does play video files via USB, what are the supported formats?

3). I am finding the weather warnings very annoying, and simply cannot find how to turn them off. Living in Newport Beach and next to the sea, the constant 'High wind' or 'High tide' warnings are very annoying! Can I disable these?

4). Finally, what kind of economy and performance improvements can I expect after running the prescribed 1,200 miles from new? I'm currently getting 16MPG from mixed, semi-leisurely driving, and feel that whilst you can tell it's a large V6 under the hood, I should be getting more from it (though I haven't taken her over 5k yet).

Thanks for your help guys!

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

welcome & congrats

1) KP Technology has a module that you can use
2) Only will play after bypass ( I am not sure as I have 09 )
3) Yes you should be able to turn these off - I live in OC not far from NPB.
4) I get average 20-22 mpg
Get a Integrated antenna spoiler kit - will make your car 100% better: Need one I can get you OEM brand new kit.

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

I do mostly city driving with a HEAVY foot, and I get about a 15-17 mpg avg. when I drive from AZ to NPB or San Diego, the car gets 24-25 mpg for the entire trip on the highways. And if I have mixed city/highway driving on a given tank, its probably close to 19 mpg. Car is too fun to drive to worry bout squeezing out an extra mpg

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Try this thread concerning wiring and video.

wiring-pin-outs-for-av-system-t551524.html

Goodgalz
Car: 2011 Infiniti G37 Convertible

I too had trouble with playing video files via USB. I found a program called Ideal DVD Copy http://www.idealdvdcopy.com that allows me to make dvds of any movies, personal videos, concert videos, etc. I'm able to record them without compressing the files so they look as good as the originals. I would suggest however, to get the 8.5gb dvds. It's the only way you can record full movies without compression. They do offer a free trial. They also have a program for blu-ray as well. Enjoy your new car!

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”