new frontier

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
hsckris
Car: 07 V8 4runner

Thats my new 06 SE frontier... got power package, 4 wheel ABLS.

I'm loving it. 4.0 is solid and powerful.

Go Nissan!

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

OY MY! That thing is GORGEOUS! Congrats on the purchase and welcome to NICO!

Give us a review of what you like and don't like!

-Dan

hsckris
Car: 07 V8 4runner

240sx2nr95 wrote:Give us a review of what you like and don't like!
Thanks... I think so too.

What I like: Most everything. It really is a great truck so far (about 1000 miles). It has a beast passing power for a stock truck. 4.0 sounds really nice. Seats are comfortable and the interior is layed out well, lots of storage, 3 12v outlets, 2 gloveboxes, etc. Its got a very nice feel, almost too nice for a truck. It was killing me to get sand in it at the beach, but that is what I bought it for. I couldn't imagine if you had the LE w/ leather and everything. Bed space is adequate, I have a bed extender and I think it'll come in handy. Handles pretty well, especially considering its truck capabilities (10in ground clearance, 31" tires, etc). Its quality and fit and finish are superb. Everything seems well thought out.

What I don't like: It's long as hell, won't fit in my garage (which is somewhat stuffed, so that may be part of the problem). There is only 4 tie down points in the bed (w/out utilitrack). Its a bit of a lag in first gear (especially in 'normal acceleration'), but it comes on like a freight train after that (for a stock truck). I suppose it could have more interior space, but its a King cab... thats why they ahve the crew cab. The oil filter is tiny... its about 1/2 the size of the one for my focus (which has an engine literally half the size -- 2.0 liter versus 4.0 liter) and I don't have a wrench that'll fit it.

Overall: Amazing truck taht is the closest I've seen to being a jack of all trades. Its fun to drive, reasonably fast, gets decent gas mileage, and has lots of functionality (tows 6300lbs, large bed, interior features, etc). In addition it strikes a brilliant balance between on road driveability and excellent off road ability. It cruises straight and solid at 85mph, but the beach wasn't even a challenge for it. Great truck... I'm loving it.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”