New for 2014

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

Just saw a Q50s yesterday driving next to me on way to work--looks much better in person than on computer.

Plus, from http://infinitinews.com/en-US/infiniti/ ... -s-new-for

New Changes for 2014 for the Infiniti Q70

Previously named the Infiniti M56 and M37
Engine cooler added to 3.7 RWD/AWD Sport Package (V6 only)
3.7 RWD/AWD
Offered in five models: Q70 5.6, Q70 5.6 AWD, Q70 Hybrid, Q70 3.7, Q70 3.7 AWD
Available December 2013
Q70 Hybrid available January 2014

Excited to see what it'll look like!

bejjutsu
Car: M35X ('06)

I saw a Q50 the other day on the road and it was super smooth. :yesnod

Being as the Q50 is the "entry level" model, I have big expectations for the Q70.

GQM45s
Car: 2008 Infiniti M45 Sport Tech Pkg, Advance Tech Pkg, Mobile Entertainment Pkg

i thought the Q70 is going to be the same just rebadged and the new 2015 is going to be a new body

wingFeather
Car: Current: 05 G35 Coupe. Previous: M35, M35 Sport, cube, J30, s13 sr20det, s13 rb20det, s14 zenki

pedsemdoc wrote:Engine cooler added to 3.7 RWD/AWD Sport Package (V6 only)
Hopefully they meant "engine oil cooler" :rotflmao Engine should already have a cooling system. I'd hate to buy an air cooled Infiniti...

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

wingFeather wrote:
pedsemdoc wrote:Engine cooler added to 3.7 RWD/AWD Sport Package (V6 only)
Hopefully they meant "engine oil cooler" :rotflmao Engine should already have a cooling system. I'd hate to buy an air cooled Infiniti...
LMAO let's hope they didn't already design it and then ... oops! who was in charge of the radiator?
I believe the body for the first year of the Q70 is the same ho-hum, wavy/girly style of the current M's. Hopefully when they DO change the body it will go back to a sporty-luxury-agressive style like other cars in it's class.

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

Larz wrote:I believe the body for the first year of the Q70 is the same ho-hum, wavy/girly style of the current M's. Hopefully when they DO change the body it will go back to a sporty-luxury-agressive style like other cars in it's class.
I am with you there Larz, I also don't want the body style to be a larger version of the Q50 either, just something befitting the top of the sedan line up.

Larz

Ed Zachly, mate ! And can we please, for the love of Pete, finally have a panoramic roof that recedes!! I'm gob smacked that even Fords, at half the price of any M, have had these for years! While we're at it, what about auto-folding side mirrors, power trunk lid, and a top rated sound system like Lexicon, or B&O instead of the 'pretty good', outdated Bose 5.1 surround.

mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

the 2013 I have m37x has auto folding mirrors [push a button] and power trunk closure , I like the Bose and the lines of my car for the record
Mazz

Larz

mazz wrote:the 2013 I have m37x has auto folding mirrors [push a button] and power trunk closure , I like the Bose and the lines of my car for the record
Mazz
Glad to hear that progress has been made regarding the trunk and mirrors. My 1968 Fleetwood has an electric trunk closer, so I felt that after 45 years, it should be safe to add it to Infiniti.
I, too enjoy my Bose and all 14 speakers. I just feel that in a car this good, the soud system shold be a higher class product is all. As for the lines of your car ... I apologise for my description. The proper thing to type would have been 'less agressive' not ho-hum [a bit harsh]. I meant no offense. I typed without my proper British manners.

I will continue to ding Infiniti over the lack of panoramic roofs with retracting glass. It's not like they have to invent the technology, is it? All they need to do is buy a Ford, remove the gizmo, and modify it to fit our roofs!

mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

no offence taken style is subjective, just wanted the facts correct,
Your opinions on 6 feet of class over your head cause you saw it on a ford, and my thoughts on automatic high beam dimmers because I had it on a 86 town car, or a coffee warmer etc are just that opinions. I had a maxima with the big roof as a loaner once. Infiniti already has it, just a question if anybody wants it.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Larz wrote:Ed Zachly, mate ! And can we please, for the love of Pete, finally have a panoramic roof that recedes!! I'm gob smacked that even Fords, at half the price of any M, have had these for years! While we're at it, what about auto-folding side mirrors, power trunk lid, and a top rated sound system like Lexicon, or B&O instead of the 'pretty good', outdated Bose 5.1 surround.
You know what I was wondering the same thing. The answer I have received range from cost v. benefit, demand not matching the cost increase, but my favorite was it raises the center of gravity more than they were willing to have to overcome. Personally I would rather have better handling than a large piece of glass on the roof. Although the JX/QX60 have a modest one as an option, and the Maxima has had one since 2004.

To play devils advocate the system in the newest Ms plays movies like nothing else...in that price point. But it tends to lack enough low end for many. Terrestrial radio is not what that system, nor any were made for. I was doing research for a discussion on high end audio upgrades available on other models and found they seem to average about $3000 of an add on, Lexus has an HK at $1800 for a standalone option. The new 5 Series has two upgrade options one that is $4300 with an HK and a B&O that is an additional $3700, it looks impressive. If they were to break a contract with a brand they have been using for decades they would have to get some serious interest in selling a very niche market product.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”