new fogs, but REALLY HOT

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
#1Tango

hey all, i just got some new fog lights which im loving, i got them off ebay and they are the autopia lights, and im quite satisfied with them. plus they turn all sorts of diff colors which is exciting. but my question is, are fogs supposed to be giving off a lot of heat? my lights get REALLY hot (when im not driving) when i was just observing them. will it be a problem when i drive? or will the cold air from the outside cool them? last thing i need is my car catching on fire... its been through so much including a brick flying out of a truck smashing into my side drivers side door, and a homie impaling my passenger side window with a crowbar at a stop light with me in the car. (maybe he was trying to jack my car, who knows).

but i put a piece of cardboard next to the light to squeeze the light and the fog housing for a better fit while the silicon dried and 30 seconds after i turn the lights on to watch em, i smell smoke... its the cardboard burning.... thats how hot they get...

is that normal?

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

ummm...prbably not

weems84
Car: Versa SL

something is not right. I'm not sure what, but go back and recheck all the wiring. If not contact your seller.

SpeedyV09
Car: 08 Versa SL Black

I purchased the exact same pair with the halo ring lights around them. I had the same problem with the heat coming off of them primarily behind the light on the polished chrome surface. I had no problems with them really heat wise that is.

Although the halo lights ended up burning out I guess and within about a month and a half after buying them none of the halo lights worked anymore. So just keep an eye on them. But don't worry about the heat coming off of them I had no problems with my car catching fire.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”