New features in the Q started working after oil change!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
spankme234
Car: 1991 q45

Well today i got the Q's oil changed. I put in castrol gtx synthetic. I have noticed things that didnt work before starting to work. Now my cruise control started to work when it didnt work before. Now my seat memory started to work, when i turn off the car the seat moves back and the steering wheel moves up. Also the key holes in the doors light up now. Weird stuff! but im not complaining! Also tonight i had some more fun with the Q. I was driving my gf home and along side me i see an acura. I give the car some gas and he follows me. We then hit a red light. The Q took off and left the acura 2 if not 3 car lengths behind. He then wanted to go from a 50mph roll and the Q still pulled away. At the next red light the guy rolled down the window and said what is that a V8 because that thing is a beast. Does anyone know the real Quarter and 0-60 times of a stock 91 Q? Because a 2002 Acura 3.2TL time is 6.2 14.8. I thought a 91 Q's time was 7.3 15.6?

Jesda

You may be thinking of the 260hp TL Type-S. The TL has better gearing, but the engine takes more winding up to get moving briskly. Its like wringing out a dry sponge.

Of course, if the TL is about to blow another head gasket or tranny, its 0-60 time is zero.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”