NEW catback systems! BRM Exhaust for 240sx

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

URM S14 wrote:AZ-would you say there would be any negative side effects of spray painting the piping to help prevent rust forming? i was thinking of doing it hi-temp black. its good for 500 degrees. what do you think?
Won't hurt a thing. I did my own the same way.

Most corrosion starts from the inside, BTW. But the black looks cool as hell.

jonnytf
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Hatchback

Greg everywhere I go people go wow thats a nice exhaust. People be staring. I made these ricers mad just by passing them and they couldn't hear their bumble bee exhaust.

BTW no need for a resonator like I had said in an email. It took me a couple days to get used to the sound, but now I am glad I didn't get a resonator. Thanks Greg

nb240le

Hey Greg, I finally got around to installing my cat back. I must say it looks and sounds awesome.I went with the ss 2.25/ with a test pipe single tip on an s14.

For the record I will say that not only the product is A1, the customer service is the best I have delt with over the web.Thanks again from a happy customer.Brad

nb240le

I went with the 14" resonator. I only took the car for a quick drive the other day. It was still in storage, but I had to take it for a rip.

At idle it was a little deeper and louder then stock. On take off it sounds really good, medium throttle it gets a little louder, but not crazy fart can loud. At wide open it is pretty mean sounding.

All in all I am very pleased with the sound after only driving it for a few minutes. I dont think anybody would be dissapointed with the sound or the quality.

Hope that helps.

URM S14
Car: 95 240sx

Ok i answered my own question by putting it on today. It is 2.5", 22" resonator, dual tip for my s14.

I was anticipating it to be louder than my stock exhaust (muffler no longer attached) but it is a tad bit quieter. I am quite impressed with the quietness of this exhaust and am overall happy with it.

I'm very picky and wanted the most quiet exhaust possible and i think this is it. There is a little raise in decibels at around 3000 like we all know but is very tolerable. Normal driving, you can easily have a conversation without raising your voice. thumbs up to greg and BRM.

a_bob36

I just finished ordering for my s13. 2.5" aluminzed with 22" resonator and dual tips with the high flow cat. I cannot wait! Greg has been very helpful and responded to all my emails and questions quickly.

I have been running with just a straight pipe recently since my old one was rusted off (original). I tell you this car is LOUD as soon as it hits that 3000 rpm. I am always driving at half throttle and shifting before 3000 just so I dont hear that RICE. Because I HATE those stupid hondas that all sound like that.

But that will all change soon!

THANKS AGAIN BRM

OldmanPurdy
Car: 2002 Altima 3.5SE

Just got mine on monday and it looks great. I really like the dual tips. Service is great as everyone said and Greg answered all my questions. Not much else to say that hasn't be said before.

Thanks for all the help Greg

JustinStrife
Car: '99 FRC. 402, Vortech T-Trim @ 12psi = 706rwhp/621rwtq

Just ordered a 3" SS dual tip w/ resonator for my S14. Soon as I get it installed, I'll post up pictures of it side by side with the oem exhaust and then installed. Greg is the best, and even though it's taken me a few months to finally commit to getting his BRM, I believe it'll be well worth it considering what I've read, what I've heard, and what I've seen of his products. Not to mention his commitment to everyone on Nico is absolutely Exceptional.

MAXIMUS Nismo
Car: 95 240sx SE

JustinStrife wrote: Greg is the best, and even though it's taken me a few months to finally commit to getting his BRM, I believe it'll be well worth it considering what I've read, what I've heard, and what I've seen of his products. Not to mention his commitment to everyone on Nico is absolutely Exceptional.
What you say is so true. It may sound like we are all up Greg's arse, but it's rare to have someone so committed to people he has never met (most of us). It's very refreshing to know that there are good, honest people out there.

MAXIMUS Nismo

Got mine yesterday, will be installed Today.ordered 4/10UPS delivered 4/14

That's what I call kickas$ Service!!

MAXIMUS Nismo

I had the 2.5" Stainless Steel BRM exhaust system w/14" resonator installed today.

Unit was ordered on 4/10, and UPS knocked at my door on 4/14. That's very fast service, since these are built to order.

I am glad I went with this system. Car is basically stock. The only thing that may influence the sound is a K&N drop in filter for the airbox.

I haven't taken it for an extensive testing yet but I will tomorrow on my way to work. I need to record the sound level and check out the acceleration at certain RPM levels.

The GoodThe sound is awesome!! Very deep without the lawnmower top end we have all heard.

There is also a bit more oomph than there was before. I don't know what 8 HP more feels like but it did add something. Torque doesn't seem to have droped off. Not that I can tell anyway. Last time I checked, my butt dyno needed tuning.

It looks nice. A big improvement over the stock unit.

The wife likes how it sounds when she is standing outside, and how the car accelerates.

The BadI've done some welding in my time and the ones on the unit I got are not the neatest but they sure are well done. No worries about this thing coming apart.

There is a clearance issue with the resonator and the rear anti-roll bar. It's close and will hit the bar if jerked hard. No big deal but it may cause a problem when I get larger diameter bars.

The wife doesn't like the sound with the windows up.

Overall I am well pleased with this unit. great job Greg. Very nice product and speedy service.

Now all I need is some more money to replace my faulty cat.

These tips are the only things that I saved from the old exhaust. They are for sale to the first person who needs them

Note, 1600x1200 versions of these pictures and more can be found on my members pics page here . Here are the Videos.

Old Exhaust Rattle

Resonator & Sway bar Clearance This is not as big a deal as I thought it would be. Olny if I hit a severe bump/pothole would I be worried. Can't hear any knocking when driving.

Start Up and Rev it a bit Camera was about 1.5 - 2 feet from the bumper, and you can see the angle.

Idle Camera was about 1 foot from the bumper.

gort91
Car: 1991 240SX

I just installed the system (hi-flow cat, 18" res., dual tip muffler). Sounds great, I couldnt be any happier.

The only problems I have run into is that the resonator hangs somewhat low. I noticed BRM exhaust put a hanger on the resonator piece, but I cant seem to find the actual hanger on the car.

Other than that great exhaust system, great service.

MAXIMUS Nismo

dualies on a 14 can be found here

zerothread?id=112131

JustinStrife
Car: '99 FRC. 402, Vortech T-Trim @ 12psi = 706rwhp/621rwtq

I'll try and post up pictures tonight of my dual tip 3" exhaust to give another shot of it on the S14. I love this exhaust it sounds so much deeper then I expected it would.

If I decide to keep this as a daily and do a Sil-80, I'm DEFINETLY going to be getting another BRM from Greg.

brisknfade
Car: NB8C FTW

Hey AZ. The inlet on the Magnaflow muffler matches up with the pipe diameter right? So its a 3" inlet if its a 3" pipe?

Im having a hard time finding a 2.5" Magnaflow muffler. They all seem to be 2.25" At least the ones with tips already on them.
Modified by brisknfade at 9:21 PM 4/26/2005

upSLIDEdown

Looking for an exhaust system for my KA-T Project (S13). May interested in the 3" system... Anyone have any sound clips of the BRM 3" with resonator on a turbo car (Preferably a KA-T, but SR will help too).

Thanks in advance,Bryan

jmhalder
Car: base model 95 S14, steeliez, boosted on the T25, going to HY-35, and 650's/N60/walbro/bikirom to han

now, i know i should probably put this in the sale/wanted forums, but since this exaust seems to be so popular... ill ask anyways... anyone have their stock s14 dual tip muffler, ill pay shipping if you have it just sitting around, the weld on the muffler side of the last flange rusted through, and the muffler was already toast. so if anyone has a muffler for free/cheap, email me at [email protected]

EDIT: (i live in the chicagoland area, local pickup would be nice)

MAXIMUS Nismo

**Update 05-05-05** Here are a few clips I shot with my wife driving. Not really a driveby cause it would not be right to do what I want to do, and what you want to see/hear in a neghbourhood with kids.

Right click this link and choose save as. You will need the Xvid codec to view this.

Another thing that seemed to have happened is that I picked up 20-25 more mpg on a full tank. Same driving style and roads. Go figure.

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

hey Greg, ready to order...

only thing is paypal doesnt work for me as i think ive told you before, can you take credit card info or should i try to figure out something with paypal?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Hmmmm, should be real easy via PayPal. Email me and I'll send you amoney request (invoice), then you just plug in your numbers and you're done.

gepeto
Car: 1995 S14

Just ordered mine, and I'm pretty sure I'll be the only BRM owner in the whole province

trust

I ordered mine couple of days ago. Should be here in no time.

Just a tribute to possibly the best customer service I've ever had, ever. Greg is a very cool guy. Props to you and your company man.

BTW, who else here has the aluminized 3 inch piping with a 22" resonator and high flow cat? If so, how does it sound?

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

ok i just got home after the 2 day drive home from college so i sent you that e mail...thanks

GhostDriver
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX RMS13

OK...let me get my facts straight. Does the tow hook get in the way of installation of the single tip muffler? And does the resonator get in the way of a bigger sway bar? I'd like to know if these are a problem on the s13.

AZhitman
Administrator

Quick answers:

Sometimes, and no.

DanCouga
Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx

I just got back from vacation and installed mine. I ordered the 3" SS with high flow cat and resonator. I love it. It sounds great at idle and even better in the upper RPMs. The old exhaust had a decent sized pinch in it at the bend before the muffler, and apparently that was trapping a lot of 'oomph'.

Definitely worth the price and some of the best customer service I have ever had. If you are considering ordering it, stop considering and DO IT.

sanioll
Car: 240SX SE - Toyota Camry

this is incredible, for months i was wondering how to replace my stock exhaust, which is corroded, and makes rattling sound.

how could i have missed this.

I see 2.5"aluminized, with 22" resonator, cat, and dual tips. dual tips is the only way for dark s13.

$565 + tax + shipping, I assume.

Now thats cheap. I was at Nissan dealership and just asked how much it would be. "More than $1000, I recommend getting an aftermarket one." hehe, yeah!

question:

can this be replaced at home, in your own garage?? i know theres going to be problems with taking out old bolts. But do i need to get extra gaskets and bolts??

p.s. oh yeah, no power tools yet. regular tools + electric impact gun, thats all. so is it doable at home??

DanCouga
Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx

You can replace it at home, but you'll want to squirt some liquid wrench on the bolts since they probably haven't been moved in years. And of course, let it cool off before doing so.

gepeto
Car: 1995 S14

Got my 2.5 dual tip stainless/resonator line with the magnaflow cat

Going to be installed thursday ! Thanks Greg !

northstar ninja
Car: 74 260Z, 92 240sx hatch.

DanCouga wrote:You can replace it at home, but you'll want to squirt some liquid wrench on the bolts since they probably haven't been moved in years. And of course, let it cool off before doing so.
actually you moght want to go invest in a torch, (one of those map or map\ oxy torches) at home depot . heat the bolts till theyre cherry red, and theyll come right off... ive had quite a number of exhaust bolts snap on me before someone told me about that one. especially cat bolts...g-

Return to “240sx General Discussion”