New EX35 - odd issue with cruise

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
sxgt
Car: EX35

Hello - I have a 3 week old EX35 (1500 miles already - yikes). I just took the car in for two issues:

1 - fuel pump groan/moan - fuel pump is on order2 - cruise doesn't hold set speed very well (for example cruise is set at 50 - down a big hill it will get up to 55 and up a big hill it will slow to 45) - dealer states this is the normal operating procedure according to their documentation - the the engine is incapable of holding the speed with engine braking, etc.

What are you thoughts, experiences? I do have ICC.

I think this is not right - how does a $45k vehicle not able to hold its speed. That isn't cruise control.

ted20
Car: ex35

i believe its called fussy control so that it thinks up and down a hill..and adjusts the speed to save gasand improve smoothness in operation..plus the cruise could not adjust for vehicle distance from other cars if locked in..

rodders
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD

I haven't noticed the speed drop when going up hills, but going down hills with ICC and no one in front of you really seems to let the car run away. This is another reason I've started liking SCC (Stupid Cruise Control). It seems to actually brake going down hills to keep the speed constant. We live in the hills, so SCC works great for us.

-Rodders

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Welcome to the forum, sxgt!

Does your car work properly with SCC (as rodders calls it!), or is it the same weird behaviour?

aft981
Car: Infiniti EX35

I've noticed the lack of ability to keep at its set speed when going downhill, but haven't noticed the same thing for going uphill.

I have however, noticed an inability to keep at the set speed when going round a corner. Every day I go round a long sweeping curve switching from one hwy to another. If I have the ICC set at 75 say, it will slow down to around 65-70 when going round the curve, and then speed up again when it straightens out. Is it supposed to do this?

Also, has anyone else noticed a discrepancy between the digital readout of what you've set the ICC at, and your actual speed as per the speedometer? On mine, the digital readout is ALWAYS about 2-3 mph higher than what the speedometer says. If I set it at 70mph, the needle on the speedo reads 67 or 68.

I've been going by what the speedo reads, so generally set the ICC to like 73 so the speedo says I'm doing 70. This might not seem important, but if the cops are having one of their ludicrous crackdowns on evil evil drivers going 5mph over the speedlimit, if they clock me at 73 when I thought I was doing 70 etc etc then that goes into a different fine bracket. (And yes, I have once been pulled over for doing 73 in a 70 zone on a deserted hwy. Not sure if they realise every time they pull someone over for that kind of thing they lose even more respect!)

jmess

I found the ICC slowing down when going around corners so annoying that I use stupid cruise 99% of the time.

nghivdo
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey, Premium, Luxe Style, NAV, Black Obsidian, Graphite Leather

aft981 wrote: (And yes, I have once been pulled over for doing 73 in a 70 zone on a deserted hwy. Not sure if they realise every time they pull someone over for that kind of thing they lose even more respect!)
Yes, that's totally ridiculous. They either: a) have nothing better to do on a deserted highwayb) are just simply making quotac) dislike people with nice carsd) are just plain evile) all of the above

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”