New EX owner

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
jappel2
Car: 350z / G35

If these two questions have been answered, sorry.Lower left of the dashboard is a slot that can be pushed in, anyone know what goes in there. And, the "scratch-shield" paint, can a paint sealant be put on there?Thanks

SalsAsianMike
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey

I think you're talking about the Intelligent Key Port. When the battery in your key is almost discharged, there are lights that blink on either side the port to let you know. If this happens, you place the key into the port to start the car. The port doesn't recharge the battery in the key however.

See page 5-8 in the manual.

Congrats on the new EX!

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Congrats on the new EX, good choice.

Yep that's what its for. When the light on the dash blinks red insert the key and you will be able to start it. The battery will need to be replaced at that point.

I don't think it would be necessarily a good idea to cover the top coat. What are you thinking of putting on it?

Funny story about the key slot. I had an 07 sedan in and the owner had inserted ~$3 in change into the key slot. Yeah that's not really what it's for. The manual is a great tool

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”