New Engine Mount Issues

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
trogtothedor
Car: 2007 Sentra

Hi all. I recently replaced my engine and transmission mounts in my 2007 Sentra. The new engine mount is a lot stiffer than the old one. When I start the car, the engine causes the car to shudder. Also the engine mount produces a creaking sound, which I think is from the mount moving on the chassis, on occasion.

I have a repair manual which is for the same year and engine but it does not line up with the actual parts I have. It lists parts that are not in my engine, omits others that are, and certainly doesn't match with the drawings on Nissan's parts website. For instance, I cannot find the transmission mount or part 11380M from the below link in any part of the service manual.

I want to verify that I have everything tightened to spec before running down other options. Below is a picture from Nissan's parts website which does not match with the service manual.

Engine mount is leftmost, trans mount is central. My manual lists the following specs and some seem...off:

11510AC - 103 ft-lb (wrong? it's a small bolt and I already snapped one)
Bolts, engine mount to chassis - 48 ft-lbs
Bolts, engine mount to engine - 33 ft-lbs
Through-bolts, trans mount - 48 ft-lbs
Bolts, trans mount to chassis - 36 ft-lbs

I can post a link to the service manual is necessary. I'm looking at EM-102. Thanks for any help!

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”