New Driver Looking into Altima Coupe

All things Altima Coupe.
coreman2200
Car: Looking into 2008 Altima 3.5 SE Coupe

Hey all - I'm new to the site and, similarly, to getting a vehicle for myself. I'm Just now considering my first personal vehicle, and after a bit of research I've found myself here. Now I've wanted an Altima for a little while now, but as of a few days ago, I started seeing the Coupe, and I think this is the car for me.

Now I'm a new driver, looking for a new car, and I'm trying to figure out if this is a good idea for someone like me - doesn't know much about cars, first vehicle, etc. The reason I want this car is because from what I've read it's safe, reliable, and I can't deny the style with this vehicle. And I hate the idea of getting the car that EVERYONE has already.

So, what do you all think?

Jaeger
Car: 2007 Altima 3.5SE 6MT

I don't see any downside, but you have given very little information as to what you are looking for in the vehicle - what are your prioroties?

AccelerationHandlingFuel EconomySpaceCargoOther cars considered

etc....

Jaeger

coreman2200
Car: Looking into 2008 Altima 3.5 SE Coupe

Well... It's sort of funny. The more I look into this car, the more I feel like this one has everything I want/need. What it offers in speed, acceleration, etc. is what I would like, if not more than I'd ever use right now, considering my limited driving capabilities. I wanted something in a good price range (though my main concern may be that 26-27k may be too much for a first car), and the reason I'd consider this price range is because I'm finally in the position to do this for myself, and would like to have something that I Like and would appreciate and expect to rely on. The car's pretty fuel efficient - not the best, but I'd take what it offers more than what doesn't. Beyond the Altima Sedan, I believe this is the car I want.

That being said. I'm not too sure if this is Too much car for me, considering that it's my First car. I've always been the techie kid - in that arena I've been in the mindset of getting the best quality afforded, get the style you want, and get opinions from others before the purchase.

I'm just trying to get opinions - what do people think about a car like this being their First car, not the car they got after running through a lot of crappy ones? Would you expect it to be reliable after years of use? What about with accidents? Is it going to cost an arm and a leg to repair/replace parts, or be difficult to Find the parts? Is this the type of car that's constantly in the shop? (I remember when my father first got a Corvette a while back, probably 2001 - it was in the shop within the Week of purchase).

Sorry for not being more clear in the first place, guys.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

A car is a car is a car....When you are starting out. It's not a 500hp Mustang nor anything else. If you want a FWD coupe and the payments make sense then go for it.

As for reliability, you can't get much better than the VQ35DE.

Carlosf22
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5s Black

I would say the Coupe is the best bet. I've been waiting for the car since like October last year, this will be my first car. I have to wait till next month to get one but I'm kind of scared I won't be able to, some dealers might be taking the next year thing of the new coupe seriously, so I don't think they'll give me the lease deal I wan't. My second option is the sedan but I think is too big for me, I'm 5'-4" and will be drive alone most of the time. My next option would be the a Civic Coupe EX, price would be good but dealers only have like 3 in stock and heard some bad things about ordering one (could take like 4 months), and not the color I want, the Civic is nice but I don't like the interor fabric and it has many cheap parts, no push button ignition and the Civic factor. I'll just put it this way, the Altima Coupe is my perfect match, yup, it's that good . You should test drive it or just sit in it for a minute like I did, it is amazing . If you like it and have the money you should run to your dealer and get it.

Jaeger
Car: 2007 Altima 3.5SE 6MT

Well, it's certainly a lot "more" car than my first car, but that's neither here nor there. It's certainly not in the category of obviously inappropriate for a first car. It offers a pretty heady dose of power, so you will have to use it responsibly. As long as you can afford it - like I said - no real downside. Enjoy!

Jaeger

hattrix
Car: 2008 Azure Blue 3.5 Altima Coupe

I have to agree that it depends on your priorities but overall there is no reason not to have this as your first car. It runs great, does all a car should and feels quality made. I expect it to work well just as my previous nissan's did. If you are worried about too much power, get the 2.5 175 HP. It would be plenty car for you. I guess the simple answer to your question is, yes, you could have this as a first car. But you could have many cars for your first. This is a great first or 50th car.

toxik
Car: 09 Pearl White 370z

This is going to be my 2nd car, and my 2nd altima. My first car I got used, and in a way I'm glad I did. I live in NY so it's not all interstate driving here. I learned a lot about driving on that car and almost everything i learned was through mistakes. If I had a new car as my first car I'd be crying about everytime I got a little dent or scratch or whatever. I eventually even got into an accident with another car, which again was a learning experience. So yeah, getting a new car as your first car might not be a good idea in some cases, like mine.

That said though, if you feel confident in your driving and you can afford a new car and it looks better than anything else you can get... then yeah, why not get it? I know that I was originally going to save up for a used BMW or something of that sort, but after seeing the altima coupe, it was hard to resist getting it.

This is a decision you have to make, don't let others make it for you.

blueflint

ive been debating between the 08 altima coupe vs 08 accord coupe (redesign)

blueflint

ive been debating between the 08 altima coupe vs 08 accord coupe (redesign)

toxik
Car: 09 Pearl White 370z

blueflint wrote:ive been debating between the 08 altima coupe vs 08 accord coupe (redesign)
if you're not 100% sure on the altima, then don't get one yet and wait for the accord coupe to come out. By that time, even if you don't like the accord and decide to get the altima, the prices will be down and you'll be able to get a better deal than you would now. I personally didn't like how the accord coupe looks in real life, when I saw it at the car show.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”