New Deck... Amp not working now

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
fejus

I installed a new Deck the other day (Pioneer avh-p4100dvd), and now the amp in the back isn't turning on. Its the factory amp that came with the car with the Fosgate sub.

I have double checked that the remote turn on wire is all hooked up to the Powered Antenna as well as the harness. I have also connected the remote turn on wire to a relay that controls the DVD bypass. However, I have completely disconnected all of those and gone straight from the head unit to the harness.

Its the same harness for the Versa so I have been searching the forums there too to no avail.

thanks for any help anyone can render.

Paul

jyroflux
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL

I don't have an answer but I had asked if anyone knew the location of the subwoofer amp. Do you know?

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

fejus wrote: I installed a new Deck the other day (Pioneer avh-p4100dvd), and now the amp in the back isn't turning on. Its the factory amp that came with the car with the Fosgate sub.

I have double checked that the remote turn on wire is all hooked up to the Powered Antenna as well as the harness. I have also connected the remote turn on wire to a relay that controls the DVD bypass. However, I have completely disconnected all of those and gone straight from the head unit to the harness.

Its the same harness for the Versa so I have been searching the forums there too to no avail.

thanks for any help anyone can render.

Paul
UUuuuh! tuff one! there.i am not sure if this is the fix but i think you may need a converter for your amp.back when i started with the xterra sound the guys at the sound shop were saying i was going to need a double bracket, one for the new stereo and a new one for the amp.at first i was like no way man!! but they actually showed me a website were it stated i need it if my xterra came with the premium rockford systemlater i found out i had the cheap system so i didnt need that bracket.check with your local sound shop and hopefully they can help you with itgood luck with it

fejus

Oops I totally forgot to put that I have a Cube with the Fosi system in it

Jyro the Amp for the sub is all contained in the back door where the Sub actually is. I found this out from the dealer after asking them. They actually just replace the whole box if the Amp or the Speaker goes out.

Quote »the guys at the sound shop were saying i was going to need a double bracket, one for the new stereo and a new one for the amp.[/quote]Hmm dont know if I follow what ya meen here I got the deck all installed and all the speakers work, I just am not getting anything from the Amp/Sub at all. When you say converter what are you meening?

Thanks folks!

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

it will turn you hi and low lines into rca cables kinda like a pac system, at some point of the link with the new stereo you may be receiving wrong or low voltage not enough for your amp to even attempt to start

Return to “Cube Forum”