New CrossCabriolet owner.

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Wild and Free
Car: 2011 Nissan Murano Cross Cabriolet
14K Miles.

Just signed up here. Wife and I have both wanted a convertible and saw our first CC this summer and both liked what we saw so I started looking and researching and found one locally and bought the first one I touched. Got our new to us 2011 CC with 14K miles and since it was apparently put into service late "September 15 2012" we have lots of factory warranty left as well plus got it for 2K under book price. I have been looking through the forum here and seems to be very little info on the CC as a whole although I do realize there were few made and were not real popular but it tickled out fancy which is all that counts anyhow.

I read a couple of posts about some recalls on the convertible top but there was no info on what the recalls were, is there a place on the site that lists what all the recalls are for models and years?

I am taking it to my local dealer tomorrow to get the warranty info transferred to my name and will ask them if it is in need of any updates or recalls.

It is super clean as it should be with only 14k miles and the only item I found wrong are with the top along the driver side and in the middle there are marks or scuffs about 6-8 inches long like it is rubbing on something while folded down, doesn't appear to be damaged from external forces but I could be wrong.

It appears the windshield may have been replaced as I found small shards of glass under the hood on and in front of the cowling.

Hope to learn more about this ride here so I will keep reading and welcome any and all responses good or bad, I know from reading here that the cc is not everyones cup O tea.

Is there anything I should know, do or get from the start?
I have been a heavy diesel Tech for 20+ years and do a vast majority of my own work on most things, have a garage/shop with hoist at home so that is not an issue.
I will also be gradually converting all fluids to Amsoil as thy come due for service as well unless I learn something otherwise, need to read up on the CVT more first.

Bill

danthejuiceman
Car: Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet

Hello Wild,
We also liked what we saw in the CC but have not purchased one yet. Would you or anyone else give some tips on what to look for or watch out for in our search for a low milage CC? Is there much difference in the model years?
We love our 2007 VW EOS with 130K but it is getting too small for our older bodies.
Thanks,
Dan

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

Rare cars. They haven't sold well, and despite living in Phoenix Metro where Nissan sales are robust, I've only even seen two of these ever.

The lack of info out there is not surprising. That said, it's basically a 2 door Murano roaster. Mechanically (aside from the top), it's identical to its normal SUV siblings and most of the info that applies to those here will apply to your CC.

rayw8
Car: 2011 Murano Cross Cabriolet

There were two 2011-12 Murano Cross-Cabriolet Soft Top Voluntary Service Campaigns. P1258 covering adjustment of the outer flap adjustment bolts. and P1261 which covered: Replace the skylight links, Replace the e-clip for the 3.5 bow link pin, Inspect electrical connection for the rear window defogger, Replace a rubber cap on the inner flap hinges and Inspection and if necessary replacement of shims for the storage lid device.
These services were to be performed whenever the vehicle entered a dealer service department and applied to new and used vehicles. This campaign was issued 01/05/12.
We purchased our 2011 Cross-Cabriolet in Jan of 2012 and received notification shortly after taking delivery.

Hope you enjoy your Cross-cabriolet as much as we have. Sorry to see Nissan discontinue them.

DGCrossCab
Car: Murano 2011 Cross Cabriolet

Does anyone have the Murano 2011 Cross Cabriolet repair manual and the "RF" ROOF section? Has anyone done adjustments on their retractable roof? On mine, when closing it, it catches on the rear head rests. Is there an adjustment or fix?

Wild and Free
Car: 2011 Nissan Murano Cross Cabriolet
14K Miles.

DGCrossCab wrote:Does anyone have the Murano 2011 Cross Cabriolet repair manual and the "RF" ROOF section? Has anyone done adjustments on their retractable roof? On mine, when closing it, it catches on the rear head rests. Is there an adjustment or fix?
I have searched with no luck at all on any convertible top info anywhere on the web for the murano other than what is in the owners manual, nothing for parts or service diagrams ect, it's like it doesn't exist. Too bad the governments can't keep info secret like Nissan can about these tops lol. :wtf2:

johanco1
Car: 2011 Murano Cross Cabriolet

https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 011/RF.pdf

Service manual for the Murano Cross Cabriolet roof

Return to “Murano Forum”