New Car Purchase Confusion

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Diff

I'm a new member here and in need of some help figuring out my first new (Rogue) car purchase.

<> One option I have available is the COSTCO new car purchase program. Thoughts? One dealer stated: "We are giving you Costco price of $100 over invoice." But what invoice? How to I know if this is a good deal or not?

<> My 1st interest is the 2008 "S" & "SL" Rogue models. As I understand, there is no difference, except price, between the 2009 and 2008 (?).

I'm very happy with the "as is" for both models. Honestly, I'm put off by the narrow options available & the prices.

<> MSRP vs Invoice vs the "Real" dealers costs. So, what is the strategy and what do I ask the dealer for his "real" cost?

<> Here's what I've gather so far.

2008 Nissan Rouge S Sale Price: $21,105.00Official Fees: $85.25Documentation Fees: $50.00Sales tax: $1477.85Total cash price: $22.718.10Trade-In Market Value: $4,500.00Trade-In payoff: $500.00Net Trade-In value: $4,000.00Factory Rebate: $1,000.00Unpaid Balance: $17,718.10

2008 Nissan Rouge SL Sale Price: $25,859.00Official Fees: What are these? $85.25Documentation Fees: And these? $50.00Sales tax: $1900.25Total cash price: $27,895.20Trade-In Market Value: $4,500.00 (Way too low 2004 Saturn Vue)Trade-In payoff: $500.00Net Trade-In value: $4,000.00Factory Rebate: $1,000.00Unpaid Balance: $22,895.20

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

~ Rick ~

philipa_240sx

Diff wrote:<> My 1st interest is the 2008 "S" & "SL" Rogue models. As I understand, there is no difference, except price, between the 2009 and 2008 (?).
First off, welcome to the NICO Rogue Forum! There is alot of information here and I am sure you will find answers to what you are looking for. You can find links to many informative threads via the Rogue FAQ sticky at the top of the forum.

I will answer one of your questions....

Yes there is a difference between '08's and '09's. The '09 SL's added many features as standard that were part of the optional Premium Package(s) in '08. There are a few other changes as well. From the 2009 Model Changes Post :

Quote »As expected, just a few content/package changes. The only new feature is speed sensing auto door locks.

This is for US models only. No word yet on changes for Canada.

From Nissannews.com:

2009 Nissan Rogue

Enhancements for 2009 include:

* Front fold-flat passenger seat, driver seatback pocket, dual-level center console tray and mood lighting for SL models* New auto speed-sensing door locks* Drive computer and outside temperature display added to SL models* Two luggage side cargo hooks and dual visor vanity mirror illumination for SL models* New Leather Package option for Rogue FWD SL models* Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System and Nissan Intelligent Key™ added to Rogue FWD Premium Package[/quote]

mpattdu
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

I looked into Costco and had already gotten a better offer from a dealer on an 08 Rogue. Costco is useful for those who don't want to do any negotiating on their own, IMO.

What I would do is look at your dealer's website and find a vehicle in stock that you like (you can also search for dealers and check inventory on Nissan's website). Then, go to Edmunds and use their True Market Value tool to estimate the invoice price of the vehicle.

A handy thing about the costco site was that they showed the invoice and MSRP for all the options/accessories.

Diff

Many thanks! Knowing this is very helpful.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

My personal opinion is that the differences between the 08 and 09 models are very minimal. If it were me, I'd go for an '08 if I could save a few thousand dollars. However, if the price between 08 and 09 is pretty close, say no more than $1500, then I'd go for the 09 because you will get a little better resale value with the one year newer vehicle.

Also, check the odometer on the 08's, you don't want one that has been test driven a lot, and if it has, then the dealer should give you a significant price reduction, I'd use this as a bargaining tool. And if they aren't willing to bargain, just tell them that you'd rather look at an '09, and then I bet the 08 price will start to drop because they need to get rid of those first. Good luck!

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

for 08 SL price is to hi I paid 28.000 with taxes tags registration and 3 year additional bumper to bumper warranty ( I am covered for 6 years instead of 3 ) and mine is SL AWD with premium package and I got car when it came out so they where not giving any discounts I was buying S model but before my salesman was able to get me in the room to do paperwork car got sold and after I raised big hell there they did ended up giving me some lousy $ 800 off about fees try to negotiate and best thing to do now is to walk in tests drive car and after they give you final price ask them to knock off $ 2000 more they will not do that much but what you can do is walk out but leave them your phone # and tell them if they want deal they can think about your offer and give you call all managers heave goals set for weekly sales and they better meet this goals so when they are not making to many sales specially this time with this economy they will conceder every offer but be very nice with them just don’t be well how should I say this nice way just don’t be giant d.. this works we tried with BMW dealer and they actually did give my friend car for price he told them so try this tactic if it does not work you can always buy car for price they are asking for ! Good luck

Return to “Rogue Forum”