New Canadian Pricing Incentives/Reductions Upcoming?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I'm planning on buying a Rogue in Alberta, Canada in the spring (man it's hard to be patient!), but I am really trying to predict if the Rogue will have any manufacturer incentives soon, or at least by the summer. Currently their whole lineup has pretty good Canadian dollar incentives, but because the Rogue is new it doesn't have any yet, other than a lease deal that I don't care about. Does anybody have inside info or a good guess on if and when we might get a price reduction on the Rogue in Canada? (Please don't tell me I'll have to wait until the summer for this!).

Thanks for the input.

Cristen
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD - Venetian Red

Not sure if they'll have any or not, because they just had one in December. $1500 prepaid Visa (or $1500 off the down payment) on the Rogue at Nissan Dealers in December. I got that on mine.

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

Nothing beats the US immigrant incentive Nearly $10K off (minus a warranty)!

mmbedman

I am waiting until 6 month old Rogues start appearing for sale out of the states. I undertsand this will keep the warranty in tact.

The dollar just needs to stay strong.

Thus far I have discovered Utah, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Texas will waive state tax (if any) for non residents.

Of course if Nissan Canada has a good offer in the coming months, I might go that route.

We don't need a new car until our second child is born in August.

kerrton

Hey, so you mean you want to buy a 6 month old Rogue that is "used", or do you mean once the new ones on the lot are 6 months old the rules of the game change? Because I wouldn't expect there to be too many used 6 month old Rogues for sale, but I could be wrong....

mmbedman

I mean pre-owned, titled and registered for 6 months..the only way to keep the warranty in tact.... not on the lot for 6 months. You are right there won't be many but enough. If there are 5,000 being sold every month there are bound to be a few come up for sale. There are already a few used ones for sale through Autotrader/cars.com/usedcars.com/carsdirect.com, though none with 6 month history.

kerrton

That's some really good info - thank you very much for sharing it with me. It's definately something to keep in mind as we are priced gouged in Canada. Good luck.

kerrton

The Canadian dollar jumped 1.5 cents today and is now worth more than an American dollar again, yet the Rogue is still almost $10,000 more in Canada than you'd pay in the States.

Come on Nissan, you gotta give us something, at least knock off a couple grand, toss me a fricken bone here!!

Return to “Rogue Forum”