New Build Advice

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
Gagej
Car: 1993 NA Nissan 300ZX A/T

Hello everyone, I recently bought a 1993 NA 300zx. It came with an auto transmission and 135k miles. My plans for the car are to make a beginner drift build. As of now I’m not too worried about making more power, I’m sure that’ll come later down the road. My first plan is to do a manual swap, I plan on just buying the Z1 motor sports full conversion kit and doing it myself to gain the experience. After that I want to install a hydraulic e brake, upgrade the brakes and add coil overs/ freshen up suspension. I’d like to add a couple of strut bars as well. I’d appreciate any input on any of my plans and relevant personal experience. Finally the car has a rough idle, I’m thinking maybe a dirty EGR, but I would appreciate the advice or any other explanations.

macgiver

you doing a welded diff ?? what's the diff ??

z.Leinbach
Car: 1990 Nissan 300zx NA, T-top

Your rough idle could be Nemours things, from a bad PTU, off set TPS, failing fuel damper/regulator, the EGRs on these are kind of indirect, but a vacuum leak is more likely cause these will plug up before anything causes a run ability issues, I'd update the PTU. Check the TPS (lots of YouTubes on this) and then get the vac leak tester from Z1

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”