New Battery Installed... and car dead

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Venturaguy
Car: 2008 M35S

Had not driven car for over a week and had classic dead battery (slow crank, no start but dash lights, chimes etc ok). Called AAA and guy checked out the battery and offered a new one--mine was quite old so I agreed. After installation in my driveway, the car had no response to Start button, no lights on dash, no chimes nor responses to key fob. aka DEAD.
Tech trouble shot car for over an hour and then towed back to garage. Garage said bad IPDM (no voltage at old IPDM, ok with new), but still no start. Changed ignition switch and still no start. Garage towed car to Infiniti dealership. After a lot troubleshooting , including consults with Infiniti Tech Services (via email, no in person support during Covid!), they want to change Intelligent Key Module. I have not authorized new Intelligent Key Module until we get financial liability sorted out.
I am asserting that something happened during the battery change that damaged three components at the same time: car was running fine before, 3 components failed afterwards.
Any similar experiences?
Any opinions on possible failure mechanisms?
Suggestions on other components that should be checked?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I'd be hard pressed to see how a battery swap could cause these components to fail...I know it seems awefully convenient but I think this is more of a freak incident. You remove the cables, you swap the battery, you put the cables back...pretty hard to mess that up unless the tech touched the cables together or something?

Infiniti IPDM's are notoriously sensitive...

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”