New Altima Owner

All things Altima Coupe.
jp2code
Car: 1994 2wd D21 Hardbody, Longbed, V6
2001 2wd Automatic Xterra SE
2004 Sentra

Not new to this forum or to Nissans.

I did pick up a 2012 Altima Coupe SR with 24,987 miles in Silver - all stock.

I had a 2008 Dodge Charger before this. On that car, whenever I turned the vehicle OFF, the radio would stay ON until I opened the car doors.

That was a neat feature! I can't seem to do that on this Altima because it has a push-button starter.

I have stumbled upon several tricks (like getting the windows to roll down with the key fob), and I was wondering if there was a way to change the settings on the cars so that the radio kept playing after the engine was turned OFF. Does anyone know?

Also, my car came with the upgraded Bose stereo, but not the Bose with Navigation. I would love to install the Navigation version! Does anyone know if it is a simple swap in these vehicles?

AceS
Car: 2013 Crimson Black Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S (HMU on insta: @zsdaniel360)

jp2code wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:30 pm
Not new to this forum or to Nissans.

I did pick up a 2012 Altima Coupe SR with 24,987 miles in Silver - all stock.

I had a 2008 Dodge Charger before this. On that car, whenever I turned the vehicle OFF, the radio would stay ON until I opened the car doors.

That was a neat feature! I can't seem to do that on this Altima because it has a push-button starter.

I have stumbled upon several tricks (like getting the windows to roll down with the key fob), and I was wondering if there was a way to change the settings on the cars so that the radio kept playing after the engine was turned OFF. Does anyone know?

Also, my car came with the upgraded Bose stereo, but not the Bose with Navigation. I would love to install the Navigation version! Does anyone know if it is a simple swap in these vehicles?

The radio turns off no matter what but simple electronics like windows can still be moved before the door is open. There's no setting or programming for the radio power though (sorry)

As for the GPS, if you want the factory nissan one for your car it's gonna run close to $5,000 for the unit alone. It'll be best to get an aftermarket one (many aftermarket ones use well known navigation software like Garmin etc. for their maps and routes and that's what I plan on doing once I've saved up). A good aftermarket one could be had for $700-$1000 (wouldn't go too far over $1,000 though)

Right now I'm using a $200 navigation system that sits on my dashboard. It's a Garmin and it's great but I'm ready for an in dash system.

Things to look into regarding an aftermarket navigation system: can it be used with your car's existing backup camera? Is it compatible with your car's current speakers (assuming you wanna keep the bose)? And how are its reviews?

Pro tip: go to a car audio shop and they'll sell in dash navi units and you can ask them and they should be able to tell you everything you need to know!

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY YOUR A/C!!! :woot:

BGibby96
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR

I just got my new A/C on Friday! 2011 SR. It's funny because I have the Bose with the Navigation but I'm rarely ever gonna use the Nav. I hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine!.

jp2code
2004 Sentra

It's a fun car, for sure.

I think it makes the big cars mad when they see something that looks like an economy car outrunning them from the traffic lights.

jp2code
2004 Sentra

So it is years later. My A/C now has 70,410 miles.

At my state inspection yesterday, I was told that my brakes all have between 1 and 2 millimeters left on them. I did not pay them to replace my brake pads. That is a simple matter.

But I never know what to select for brake pads. Semi-metallic, metallic, or ceramic? Does anyone have brand-name advice?

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Glad to hear you are still enjoying your Altima!! :dblthumb:

As for pads. I always liked stillen's metal matrix..
I'd call Stillen to ask if these fit (or which in their assorment do fit)
https://stillen.com/collections/brake-p ... ku-105-165

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”