New Altima owner (1993)

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
JNIC
Car: 1993 Altima

Hello,

This is my first Non Big 3 car, I bought it to offset the cost of gas in my Bronco. First I have been reading all the posts here (great website by the way) and they have been very helpful learning about the Altima. I bought a haynes as I always do for all my cars. The cars is in real good shape, just needs some TLC, I tackled the PVC valve (not fun) and installed new rotors/pads, belts, temp sending unit and tuned it up.

I have searched this site and google, but I am a stickler for details and I am unable to determine which sub model I have, some may say it is not relevant but it helps me understanding my car, if anyone can help i would be grateful. The car is an Auto with all the power features and a moon roof if that helps. Also the alarm system is wierd, I unlock my drivers door and the alarm will go off, I have to open and close the trunk to disable it, any thoughts?

I have been reading throught the service manual PDF files that Feadz posted in july and they are a big help, any advice or work arounds would be most insightful as I intend on keeping this for a while. It is really starting to grow on me.

Thanks in advance

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”