New 300Z Car Owner

A home for 1983–1989 300ZX owners!
DroolMonkeyMech
Car: 1987 Nissan 300ZX NA

Hello everyone I own a 1987 300zx. It is the base model 3.0L engine nothing special yet. I have been thinking of doing a 1JZ swap soon, just have to save up the money first. I am thinking I will buy the Freed motor mounts for it, not a for sure choice yet though still need to do a bit more research into the different motor mounts. I also need to look around to see what kind of turbo and intercooler piping I want to get. I will try and post more of the progress I am making with the car.

I have been working on a number of different cars for the last five years or so. I am currently in school trying to earn my automotive tech certification. This is the first Nissan I have ever worked on. I recently just finished replacing the rod bearings on a Celica GT. Hopefully within the next couple of months I will be buying a tire changing machine, but we will see what happens with that.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

I don't think anyone makes bolt on mounts for the Z31, looking at their site FREED has a kit for the Z32, it might be close but the angle of the mounts is different and I think they are a bit further apart on the z31 but still close enough to work, the issue is that the z31 as I recall the mounts were higher, so you might have to do a bit of cutting and welding the make the bolt ins work in this chassis.

Return to “300ZX (Z31) Forum”