New 2016 Maxima Platinum Owner... Few questions

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
DK SPL Audio

Hi everyone, really long time no post! I just got a 2016 Maxima Platinum, gonna sell my 98 LS400. The car was 1 owner, has 80,000 miles but drives great and looks new! It was posted in March for $20,500 but the dealership (Infiniti) got a new manager who wanted it out so lowered the price, I walked out of there slightly over $18k. I'm very excited, the tech in these cars looks pretty great too. Anyways, I have a few questions. I have researched all these but am coming up with mixed answers so thought I'd make a post.

CVT - I've heard many have issues with these every 60-70k or so. I did not buy the warranty and am a little concerned. How is it on the 16? I figure I better change the fluid and read to only use Nissan fluid. Any good tutorials? Anything else I should know about the CVT?

Engine oil - I've read many use 5W-30 and others 0W-20, what's the consensus? I live in MN so cold winters and hot summers. I have used Amsoil fully synthetic 25k oil for years, any issues continuing?

Any other maintenance items I should be concerned with at 80k and 3 years old?

Thanks for any info, I'm looking forward to many years with the vehicle, they are quite fun to drive!

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”