New 2014 rogue sv front wheel hub from oreileys looks a little suspect..

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
NamesClear
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV

Hey everyone, I'm replacing the front passenger hub assembly right now, cars been having a number of issues that the mechanic shop I took it to two days ago said the didn't seem to see or feel anything wrong. Brief description of most recent "shop service" beginning of February this year noticed there was a pretty significant coolant leak from the water outlet. Wife said take it to the shop they know what they're doing. So I called carmax maxcare and they direct me to christian brothers here in town. Bring it in and oh joy their estimate includes the water outlet, lower control arms, New boots for the ball joints. And tie rod ends. The struts are bad but carmax doesn't cover those. So we get the go ahead to have the outlet replaced the control arms and boots and tie rod ends. Three weeks later they call and let us know the water outlet has finally come in and we could pick up our car. Was relieved to hear it. Got back to my house go out and could still smell buringG coolant. Pop the hood and what do you know. The coolants leaking from.... the exact same effing spot. Of course they gave it back on a Friday night and don't open again till Monday and I couldnt bring it back till tuesday. I was extremely thrilled when I came back in and told them it was still leaking and the shop owner or manager whoever the hell it was, tried to make a smart a** comment about why I waited 4 days to bring it back in. So I turned and looked at him and said well you know those two days that I'm pretty sure you enjoy and relax with your family, they call it a weekend or whatever these days, well those two days you're closed. Does that answer why ibwaited 4 days? Then they tried to pretend they didn't see any leaks so I told him give me a damn flashlight and pointed out the eater outlet leaking like before he got incredulous and said man what in the world, Jim orbwhatever his name was must have over torqued it. (Sorry long ramble but it ties into this). Get back to the waiting room and I get told by the shop employes. That I needed to contact nissan to get the part warranties out. Well I called maxcare first and told them the situation they told me to bring it back and ask them why I had to warranty the part myself. I wasn't too nice to that person after that comment. So I got a supe who told me to go to nissan, who confirmed the "new water outlet" was indeed cracked again. So carmax approved nissan to replace it again, and 5 days later got a call our car was ready. Here we are 2 months later and expecting my wife to go into labour any day between now and the 26th. For the last 2.5 to three weeks I've noticed the car that we've had for almostb2 years is not driving how I've come to know how she drives (idk If that makes sense to anyone, but after so long driving a car you learn all it's little quirks and for me atleast, learn when and how it does certain things) so when it started losing power when getting up to highway speed, the car would accelerate normal till aboutb45 then it was like it was a struggle to get it to 65. I started noticing a metallic clunk going from p to R to D. The other day I was making a left hand turn in an intersection, and theb14 rogue is 1.5 wheel turns from center till it stops , and this left turn I had to turn it thebcomplete 1.5 turns and let up on the gas before it would complete thebturn, meaning the wheels didn't turn to match thebsteeringnwheeel. Noticed in reverse one day out of a parking spot gtge b entire car lurched to the side and seemed to runner some non existent something and because of how hard it seemed to hit this something I got out and looked, nothing there at all. Turning through drive-through I noticed amsone kind of slight popping sound when turning around the building.. took it to a mechanic p7p]]⁰]e anf they said there doesn't seem to be anything wringbwith it. So I started looking at it with my neighbor. Who used to work in the nissan service center lpreciousky ar ndv::::: now all this seems to have started after Christian brothers. And I cant get to the exact root if it so I've been researching jt. Replacing both front hub assemblies and I'm putting the second one itnshoetly and the mew one from orieleys doesn't loon right to me. Maybe it is and I'm ovwr thinking it but here's a picture of it out of box and what I see. Can anyone suggest why I seems to be experiencing these issues or am I just going crazy?
Attachments
20220416_233654.jpg
20220416_233716.jpg

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That sounds more like a ball joint, control arm, or a broken strut than a hub. Wheel bearings need to get massively bad to cause those sorts of steering anomalies, and a bearing that bad will always be accompanied by ABS wheel sensor codes. Since you don't mention a lit ABS lamp, I doubt the hub is the issue. On the other hand, small shifts in camber and toe from a bad ball joint, bad control arm bushings, or a loose/broken strut mounting can cause very exaggerated steering effects.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Let me get this straight, you went in for a coolant leak but all of a sudden suspension work was needed?

So you said the vehicle was driving normally before but different after the Christian Brothers work?

Were they up-selling the suspension job?

If it was driving normally I would have just had the leak fixed unless they had you by the balls because it had to be done to pass inspection or something if your state requires that crap. Don’t ask how I know, unlucky me.

I don’t know anything how Carmax care works, but the Christian Bros got paid. I don’t know how a car leak leads to suspension work. You don’t seem the type to get taken for a ride, but they really stuck it to you.

If the car was riding right, I would have been like hell no, just fix the leak WHICH they didn’t even do right.

Also on the other hand, I don’t know if you and your family are the type who drive over speed bumps as if they were not there. Some don't care about road conditions like the occasional pothole or hitting curbs until costly repair work is needed.

Personally I only had 1 oem shock leak but did change both in the 13 yrs of owning my Rogue. And the control arms to PASS inspection even though my Rogue drove normal. Another lady also needed hers changed too that day. Must have been quota month. Even if my control arms were bad, it was driving normally. I feel it should have drove funky or dangerously at the time.

Hence, my suspension is oem original. But I do accidentally run over curbs, potholes, or drive thru unpainted speed bumps. :bang

Return to “Rogue Forum”