New 2010 fx35 Tranny

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
kosmo69
Car: '99 Q45
'10 FX35

my mom just purchased a new fx35 w/ the revised 7speed tranny. I've heard about the tranny issues w/ the earlier 09 models, but was assured from several dealers that Infiniti addressed the issues. However, I noticed that when decelerating as the tranny downshifts the car, for lack of a better word, lunges forward. It almost seems to me that the car is blipping the throttle AFTER the lower gear has been engaged. Has anyone experienced this in the new model? Also on a separate matter, what happened to the 6disc changer for the '10?

Many thanks!

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

I have noticed that on my '10 model only on occasion. It doesn't do it all the time. It also takes a bit of getting use to as it shifts. It sometimes searches for gears as I accelerate.

Overall, I love the thing. Great comfort and decked out with technology. Regarding your 6-disc changer question, why would you have a need with a 9.3 gig music box? Just download all your music to the car since it is a four wheeled ipod. I think even the basic FX for '10 comes with a 2 gig or something music box standard. They felt like with that there is no need for a six dics changer. Personally, I agree.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”