New 2000 Quest owner w/ intro and a question

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
1991BMW525i
Car: 2000 Nissan Quest

Hello all! First post so I thought I would intro myself before I ask my question. Just picked up my fiancee' a one owner, all records 2000 Quest GLE w/ 98K on the clock. Dark blue over silver w/ charcoal leather and all the bells and whistles.

I'm a car guy that works on jets full time and at a custom car shop part time. So I know my way around cars and tools. Now on to my question:

I got a set of 2004 350Z rims w/ tires for cheap. I bolted them up to the Quest and there are no fitment issues at all. They look great on there. About a day later the car threw a CEL. I read the codes and pulled up a P1706 and P0325 on a Mac Tool code reader. They read out as MFR CONT TRANS and KNOCK SENSOR, CIRCUIT 1 BANK 1. I erased the codes and it drove fine for a day. The CEL light just came back on again and I am assuming it's the same codes.

I've also had a Viper 791 remote start/alarm installed as well however that was 4 days before the CEL came on.

According to a search on here P1706 comes up as Park Neutral Postion switch/circuit. I'm not sure what that is exactly and I'm hoping you Nissan guru's can help a fellow car guy out.

Thanks in advance!

basskronick
Car: I drive a pontiac, and i love it, but i have nissan in my heart, I'm also the owner of a first gen q

Welcome! As for your question, the rims i'm pretty sure doesn't have anything to do w/ the CEL, however, being a neutral safety switch, there might have been an issue in the remote start install. Maybe a wrong wire tapped or something along those lines. The second code is a knock sensor, completely common with nissans getting "up" in years, easy fix, and the part usually costs about 150 bucks.

Good luck

Return to “Quest Forum”