Negative Camber on Rear, Tire Wear.

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
JArnoldsZ
Car: 09 370Z, Silver Touring Sport package, 6Spd, Stillen Cold Air Intake and Exhaust.

New to the 370Z just buying one this past weekend. Love this car! Had a 1997 Vette. Love it but very crude but surprising that 30 years old how advance it was. Loved that V8 Torque but being I need a daily and that old car was not a good mix even at 67K. My Z has 51 and owned by an 80 year old and a 60+ guy. garaged. Great Shape and love the 19" Rays. :dblthumb: Tighter and better road car than the Vette or more sophisticated. Not as fast but I would say close. Noisy on the Highway just like the Vette. However I think it is mostly the Junk Michelin Pilot AS on it. Same as my Vetter had in Run Flats. Just howl on the Highway. Went Continental DWS on the Vette and it was like half the decibels drop. Those Michelins suck and most likely the OEM Bridgestones? For a daily to tolerate it I would always do homework at Tirerack for Noise.

Anyway enough of that... I noticed negative camber wear on the inside rear tires. Is it good to bring in more Positive and how much to the plant the tire flat? Is there enough to do this with the stock adjustment?

Anyone of you just DIY this? Or best to have this done at a shop? I am not scared and am very much a seasoned mechanic. Lot of engine building or you name it on VW Air Cooled, Audi all domestics and Japanese cars. :cool: By adjusting this, will it throw off your caster and toe?

raremotive
Car: 04 G35

There are eccentric bolts to adjust both camber and toe back to factory spec. Ideally I would have the alignment shop clock it to factory specs. It's not very difficult to do the adjustments yourself.. it's more of a matter having achieving the right adjustment (both toe and camber)

On my G, I am running 2.5° in the front and 2° in the rear. The wear isn't isn't really that noticeable, it just slightly puts an angle on the entire surface of the tire. I prefer this cost in tire life for better corner handling. Factory on the 370z is -0.67° front and -1.67 rear.. rear has a maximum specification of -1.11°... below is camber wear.. wear across the tire is about even.. just slightly angled...

It's toe is what you want to worry about more than camber.. honestly.. the wear will chew tires fast.. I believe the ideal toe is .. 1/16" total toe out in the front and 0.125" total toe-in on rear.. which typically puts you at nominal factory specs. You can try push a 0 toe front, but you need at least a 1/16" toe in at the rear. Below is toe wear.. it's expensive..

Below are the eccentric bolts on the rear. Red adjusts camber and green adjust toe.. you can't adjust one without impacting the other... first adjust camber, then try to achieve your toe value.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”