SR - Need tuning help..

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
Gutling
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx SE

Got my car running today after having the engine rebuilt + lots of stuff done. Running real rich, a wideband is showing 9:1 a/f at idle, and leaning out to about 14:1 under boost(9psi). It was running rich before the rebuild, and figured it was my tune but wanted to wait till everything else was taken care of. Here is specs...89 240sxredtop sr20detFreshly rebuilt, all seals/gaskets/ringsNissan OEM O2 Sensor, Timing Chain, Timing Chain Tensioner, Water Pump, Oil Pump, PCV Valve, Coolant Temp Sensor, Knock SensorBrand New Nissan OEM Cylinder HeadPower Enterprise Super V BeltNGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs HR7APEX'i Metal Headgasket 86/0.8mPeak Performance Valve SpringsHKS Step 1 264 Intake CamshaftHKS Step 1 264 Exhaust CamshaftARP Rod BoltsARP Headstud KitPro-Fab Design Intake Manifold GasketGreddy Rocker Arm StoppersNISMO ThermostatTaka S13 Turbo LinesCustom Front Mount IntercoolerNISMO Air FilterCustom Hard Intake Pipe 3"HKS SSQV Blow Off ValveKoyo RadiatorElectric FanGarrett GT25R .64 TurboNISMO Adjustable Fuel Pressure RegulatorSard 550cc InjectorsWalboro 255lph Fuel PumpEnthalpy Tuned ECUMegan Exhaust ManifoldMegan O2 Housing3" Downpipe3" Megan ExhaustGreddy Profec B Type-S Electronic Boost ControllerGreddy Full Auto Timer

thats anything engine related. What i need is the car is still at the shop that rebuilt it. They have a chip burner. I have a enthalpy tuned ecu, but hes not online right now for me to get in touch with him. While it was in the shop I had my ecu mailed to him to be checked out, and he said ecu/chips was all perfect. Just to eliminate a bad ecu. The shop can burn me a new tune (plus they got a dyno) but they are trying to find a base tune or maybe one better than i got right now. Everything is perfect on the motor, oil/fuel pressure, no leaks. Only rich. If anyone has a tune (please excuse my ignorance, i have never had anything to do with burning chips so not sure if im asking for it right) that they can get to burn please let me know? or any other suggestions

highmilehatch

So you were having the same issues before the rebuild, and decided to install a fresh engine without fixing the problem first? Be careful you don't wash down those cylinder walls running that rich.

Gutling

didnt know if it was my tune or something else. reason i rebuilt was my comp was real real low. and have not had the car running that much, just enough to troubleshoot and try a few things (make sure all wires/grounds were good, etc)

highmilehatch

How is all your wiring? Are you sure the MAF is good as well?

Gutling

wiring is perfect, maf is fine. i and the shop is almsot 100% its the tune, everything else is mechanicaly perfect. all brand new seals gaskets rings etcno leaky injector, or o-rings. fuel pump/filter/lines good. no boost leaks

Return to “Engine Tuning”