Need Suspension Tuning Help!!!

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Trini.Madman
Car: A31 Cefiro - RB20E - Automatic - 4.1LSD

So my car handles pretty well for what it is. A single cam rb20e in awsome condition with a transmission and a LSD diff in an A31 Cefiro.

Now lastnight i went for a long drive on a winding road and i was really pushing the car around the corners HARD! However as i entered alot of corners i found that the tire (front) that is on the outside off the corner tends to ..... it feels like the tire comes all the way up into the fender and the the front end seems to be "floaty" or loosing traction.

Now this is where you are gona laugh at me.
Present suspension setup.
- All front bushings are polyurethane
- Front Upper Strut
- All rear bushings are Teflon
- Rear Upper Strut
- Front and Rear R33 brakes
- OEM Shock & Spring Assembly ( LOL right? )
- 16inch staggered AVS6 wheels 7inch front 8inch rear
- 225/50r16 front & 245/50r16 rear

I am still on OEM shock and Springs because of the ride height, but i was wondering how i can get rid of this wierd feeling... Ofcourse id be on the brake entering the corner and on the gas coming out. I have no problems coming out of the corner but the entering is messing with me.

Questions!
1) Would a thicker FRONT anti-roll bar help me in this situation? What about front braces to stiffen the front?
2) Do you think i am braking too late as i enter the corners and this is what causes the floaty feeling?
3) Do you think my only solution is aftermarket springs or coilovers?
4) If i change my wheels and go 245/50r16 front and 245/45r17 rear might help?

I just want to drive really fast around corners without being afraid my car will go straight or oversteer :/

Trini.Madman
Car: A31 Cefiro - RB20E - Automatic - 4.1LSD

ANYONE?!

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”