Need some opinions before i start thinking about turbo!

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
S13_RB25
Car: A 240 but no RB yet!

Alright guys/gals long story short I have a rebuilt KA and i did the rebuild myself! This rebuild was done with a bolt-on turbo kit in mind! Here are the specs for the engine:
ARP Hardware
Cometic MLS .075 thicker HG
Nismo colder thermostat
Agency power silicone radiator hoses
Godspeed aluminum radiator with 2 12' efans
Blitz 1.3bar radiator cap
King bearings, main and rod
New OE pistons and rings
248/248 cam swap
All emissions removed

Last time i did the compression test the numbers were 170-155-170-170. The reason behind the "155" i think is that i probably didn't stagger the rings more. Now i just want a bolt on turbo kit, gonna assemble my own, but i was wondering would that "155" cause any problems? The car as it sits now runs awesome, I mean i walked a Audi 1.8T, my boys Altima 2.5 lol, integra, Audi A4, i think, with a 2.8 v6. The only "concern is a little oil leak by the front cover, i mean very little! It will taken care of. Other then that my baby fires up everyday and takes me to college and brings me back just fine, around 125miles total. I would take the engine apart again to take a look at 2nd cylinder but with college being 5days a week, from 2-8pm and being 2 hours away i literally can't take it apart with the time i have for the car. But all in all if i was to put a bolt on turbo kit to get around 300hp would it be safe/reliable?? Sorry but i just wanted more inputs then couple of my buddies, they know their stuff but it still wouldn't hurt to ask my KA-T fellow members lol! Thanks in advance nico!

neverlift

yes a ka is reliable at 300 hp with a good tune, but it needs to be reliable before being boosted. Find out whats wrong and go from there,if its a bad set of rings a weekend should cover it.

sunnys14
Car: S14

Agreed ^^

A tune will either make or break your car.

S13_RB25

Awesome but I've decided to learn how to drift/handle this car with the ka as it sits. I'm still surprised by what it does in stock form with an full exhaust lol. But I am going to pick up a spare ka and build that so I don't have to worry about anything in the back of my head lol. Thanks guys!

neverlift

its simple if your motor is rock solid, you can add some boost with a walbro and an fmu , just keep it low under 7psi retard timing a little and go to town. However drifting an na ka is super fun, work on lightening up things, no not strip your interior , I mean wheels,flywheel,pulley,drive shaft. And obviously suspension is more important.

S13_RB25

Well its a little late on the interior part lol but i did order a steel driveshaft. Everything else, suspension, flywheel and crank pulley, are gonna have to wait since I am currently jobless lol.

quiksilver20004
Car: 2001 Nissan Maxima Se 20th Anniversary 5spd
96 240sx 5spd

So im wondering why everyone seems to feel it necessary to run a colder thermostat?? An engine creates maximum HP when at a constant 210 degrees

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”