need some information

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
barrigas14

well my friend says he is going to be selling his 1996 (i think) SE-R in august or september and asked me if i wanted his car. well since i am looking for something that will get better gas mileage than my S14 and since i really like these cars i am wondering about engine upgrades. the engine will remain stock so i am not looking for a turbo. but i have seen the SR20VE in some threads but other than that i can't seem to find a good site for the 1996 models. if you can point me in any directions that would be great. thanks.

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

The SE-R's are great cars! You will get good power gains out of the usual I/H/E ect... Then who knows one day add the turbo. There are lots of aftermarket parts out there for the whole SE-R family, be sure and check with our sponsors for some good prices on whatever you need.;)

Good Luck and post up some photos ASAP!Having 2 nice Nissans is so cool.

BenSR2095Se-R
Car: Drag, chillen wit my wifey, workin on cars with friends

what are your goals? DET , ve, de-t, all motor de, nos? there are alot of options. depending how dedicated you are with the car, and how deep your pocket is. i went the turbo route coz i wanted more than 200 to the wheels. few sites you can research on http://www.se-r.net for starters. http://www.sr20forum.com a wealth of info there for fwd sr20's.

Ben

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Yup, those two would be the best. It sounds like it's kind of a daily thing, but you want your daily to be fun. The SE-R would be perfect for that purpose. The engine that is in there is great to begin with, but if you want to do a swap without a turbo then the VE would be the best. A few bolt ons would make the car a heck of a lot of fun from point A to point B. I/H/E, maybe pullies or something for a few extra ponies, a good suspension setup (H&Rs with Koni Yellows or something, maybe full coilovers if you want to really enjoy it), and a short shifter (I love mine to death, short throws are so much better than even the stock ones, which weren't that long), then some dress up mods and good, regular, baths. Depends on how much you want to spend/how fun you want it to be pretty much. You should get close to 30mpg, which is cool too.

barrigas14

well technically i own 3 240's right now. but i gave one to a buddy then bought another one which is going to be the track slut...while my S14 is going to be a very balanced car that can take on Porche's. then the daily driver...which is why i would like to buy the B14. i think the SR20VE would be a great engine or i would just throw in a newer SR20DE. but who knows.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

If you can get a VE, get a VE. However, if you're having trouble finding one then just get a newer DE simply because it's a daily driver and you don't want your daily down awaiting a transplant very long.

An SR20DE from a wrecked '98-'99 SE-L or '00-'01 SE would probably be pretty easy to find.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”