need some help getting a new phone (verizon)

Forum dedicated to computer hardware and software, mobile phones and electronic gadgets.
orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

So I've been debating on getting a new phone. I currently have the droid X but due to getting stuck in a random rainstorm (there was a 10% chance of rain) and not having my good back pack with me, the phone suffered moderate water damage.

I've been looking into the motorola razr and the samsung galaxy nexus. I use my phone as a camera and to surf the internet (reddit, forums, g4) when I get bored. I also use it as a phone (duh) and where I live they have the full 4G service, which btw is crazy fast!

I was curious if anyone has either of these phones, or if you have suggestions on a different phone. The other thing is that I'm not in a real rush to get one so if there is something right around the corner coming out that you know of please mention that as well (I've heard there may be another version of the razr coming out RAZR MAXX) I don't plan on waiting for the iPhone5 however because I do need to get a new phone but I really don't think I can put up with this failing phone for more than another month or two.

any help is appreciated! thanks

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I like my Bionic, but I wish I'd waited to get the Razr.

Whatever you buy, get the extended battery with it. The "stock" batteries suck.

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

thanks for the advise. I saw the bionic and it looked like a nice phone. from what I've read in the reviews, the razr and the nexus score the highest, even the customer reviews are pretty descent, but the nexus only gets high marks because its running android 4.0 - ice cream sandwich, which will be available to most other phones in 2012.

timay
Car: white 99' infiniti i30t

*cough* Galaxy Nexus *cough*...lol

I have had the phone for 2 weeks now, and it's pretty awesome, just some minor problems with 4g and 3g connectivity which should be addressed in the next update as early as middle next week.

Just Rooted the phone today and threw a custom ROM and kernel in and this thing is flying.

Return to “Computers / Electronics”