Need Some Expert Advise with FX35s?

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
rrack

Well, the search is on. We've decided to find the 92 Q45 a new home and start looking for an FX. I'd prefer one in Black with the Brick interior with all the bells and whistles. However, the Copper/Brick combo is pretty nice as well ...Nav system, DVD, HIDs, etc...but it will always depend on the price. Anyone have any leads, point em my way.

Anyway, I've been a member with the Q45 forum for years and I know you guys are the best when it comes to good advise. I'm actually starting to look a little more seriously at a Copper/Brick '03 FX35 with right at 50K miles. It is completely loaded and has an extended warranty. Anyway, I'd still like a black with the brick interior but I'm thinking that I'll have to wait for the lottery to help me out with that. I know with the Q there were a few Need to Know things such as bad trany coolers and timing chain guide upgrades, etc. Are there any of these NEED TO KNOW things for the FXs?

Thanks much, Robert

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

rrack wrote:Well, the search is on. We've decided to find the 92 Q45 a new home and start looking for an FX. I'd prefer one in Black with the Brick interior with all the bells and whistles. However, the Copper/Brick combo is pretty nice as well ...Nav system, DVD, HIDs, etc...but it will always depend on the price. Anyone have any leads, point em my way.

Anyway, I've been a member with the Q45 forum for years and I know you guys are the best when it comes to good advise. I'm actually starting to look a little more seriously at a Copper/Brick '03 FX35 with right at 50K miles. It is completely loaded and has an extended warranty. Anyway, I'd still like a black with the brick interior but I'm thinking that I'll have to wait for the lottery to help me out with that. I know with the Q there were a few Need to Know things such as bad trany coolers and timing chain guide upgrades, etc. Are there any of these NEED TO KNOW things for the FXs?

Thanks much, Robert
About the only think I can think of is the '03 model had a passenger seat that sat rather low for shorter people. Might want to check that out.

rrack

Well, I did it. Got a pristine low mileage 2003 Liquid Copper with Black/Brick leather. I love this car! I think it's got pretty much everything...Nav, DVD, Sport & Technology Packages. iPod harness from Integration Solutions and possibly a digital TV tuner is in the works. This thing is pretty much new. Just a couple door dings which I plan to have the PDR warranty transferred to my name. It will take a little getting used to the stiff ride when transitioning from my Q45. Anyway, I've got a couple questions though...

-The computer settings say that it has an auto re-lock function. Is this to automatically re-lock the doors if I forget? Can't find a detailed explanation in the manual. I can't get it to work. I'll leave it unlocked, walk away, and it's still unlocked.

-Is there a way (I'm sure there is) to add a shock sensor? I may want the speed sensitive lock feature as well. I got used to it in the Q and the after market remote start alarm.

Forgive my long windedness...Thanks much,

Robert

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

I believe the auto-lock thing is if you hit un-lock on your fob (say by accident) and no one opens any of the doors, after 30 seconds the doors will automatically lock again. I know it does this on my Armada and Murano. I have no idea on the shock sensor question.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”