Need PS3 Eye game recommendation - HELP!

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

So, I bought crappy boring Little Big Planet 2 with Playstation Move last Christmas for my girlfriend. Then we broke up & she left this crap at my place. Yesterday was the first time I've turned it on in forever, when a buddy mentioned you can use the camera to make videos. So after downloading the EyeCreate app, I promptly shot my first video of me doing Capoeira in my living room

I was rusty as all hell.

Suffice it to say, I want to get me & my Capoeira back into shape & use the PS3 Eye to help review/critique/sharpen my form. So, I'm looking for a game that has little challenges and things that are suitable for practicing martial arts on and keeping it fun.

I found this video of the Eyetoy Kinetic for the PS2:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSXuAw6Nm9Q[/youtube]

This guy's Capoeira is... generally unimpressive (to put it nicely). But something like that would be great. Too bad it's for PS2 not PS3.

I mean, they have the Move Fitness, Sports Champions 2 and UFC Personal Trainer games, but I don't want something that will require me to hold the controller all the time to interact with the on screen objects. I need my hands free for handstands...

Any ideas?

simmode1

Man, the PS3 Eye+Move seems to be quite the piece of junk. :tisk:

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Is there a game in which you motion-control bashing yourself in the head for spending over $100 on a gimmicky controller that works only with a limited library of select games, most of which are shovelware and the rest of which worked just fine with a regular gamepad? 'Cause that's the one I'd get. :gapteeth:

Little Big Planet 2 and MAG support Move, but I wouldn't use it to play them.

Also: LBP2 is BRILLIANT and about as un-boring as any game ever was. If you're not having fun with it you're doing it wrong.

simmode1

I would NEVER have bought this crap at over $100. Snagged the LBP2 bundle package brand new off of Amazon for like $60, so I wasn't exactly sweating the money.

But I don't find the game LBP2 fun at all. Maybe because all the Move does is make the game more frustrating to play. Or maybe because the game is not Turismo, so I don't really care about it.

But yeah. Definitely 5hitty peripheral, IMO.

Return to “Gaming”