Need Parallel Parking Tips!!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
bakerlebo
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

I love my new Rogue, but I have found parallel parking to be near impossible. Coming off a Chevy Malibu, I am a great parker and can usually park perfectly on the first attempt.

I know it's a common gripe about the Rogue, so I was wondering if any of you folks have come up with any tricks or tips you can pass along to us newbies.

Thanks for your time.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

The only thing would be a license plate mounted back up camera. The prices have really come down on them. See my gallery pics for mounting of the inside viewing screen.

LeroyBrown
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx s14 blacktop

thats what i would do

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

what is missing form here is that you don’t tell us what is problem you cant see back or sides ? most of the times when people start driving SUV they heave hard time seeing sides if this is what bothers you can get small sticky round mirrors from Wal-Mart or 99c store and they should solve your problem about back you can get camera or there is back up sensors they are wireless and do not require any connections they work on batteries they beep when you get close to car in the back

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

What I do when the space is tight or I want to be sure to be as close as possible to the side walk, is to turn down the passenger mirror to be able to see my rear right tire (It is automatic on certain high end cars when you put the car in reverse).

For the back, I installed a cheap sensor running on the width of the car in the bumper (like an antenna) which give beeps when closing on something. I can go as close as 5 cm (2 in) with this system.But I noticed that it seems not to work when raining or may be when there is snow on the bumper (I have still to investigate).

bakerlebo
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

Thanks for all your suggestions. Sorry I wasn't clear about my problem. My problem is the back. I'm ok with using the mirrors for the side.

Anyone know what these different kinds of back-up sensors cost and any suggestions on a brand or product name?

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

I did not want a back up camera as I already have a GPS, it will be too many TVs on the dashboard.I searched the internet and I found the VRPS100 from VR3, a back up parking sensor you have to stick in the rear bumper: google "VR3 VRPS100" you will find it.The first link is the website of the company (bringing you to the yahoo store).There is a review on the amazon.com website on this product and I found it on carbeyondstore.com for 40$.

The inconvenient with this system is that you have to remove a lot pieces of finishing in the Rogue to install it (bumper included), but if you take the opportunity to install a trailer wiring, part of the job is done,... and the fact that it seems not to work when it rains.

On my wife's Odyssey, I installed a back up camera, the VRBCS300W still from VR3, about 100$. It is wireless or not (you have both in the box, you can decide when you install it). The image is sharp and even in the dark, if you wait a little, you can see enough to help you park.Inconvenients: Find a place to put the monitor on the dashboard, reception if you installed it wireless, camera gets dirty fast with our type of car.

Another choice is to use a single sensor installed on your license plate, Philip did that on his car, less complicated to install and seems to work well too. I will let him do a review for you if he wants (you can search here too).

Hope this helps.

AznJohn22
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

I switch from an Altima to a Rogue. Kinda hard to judge the distance from the back. The sensor on the license plate sounds good.

Return to “Rogue Forum”