Need opinion on which G35 plenum to buy

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
srv2nv

I've had my '03 G35 sedan for about 1 1/2 months now, and I've already installed my JWT popcharger and Z tube (thanks everyone for the advice on that, I love it) but now its onto picking a plenum to install. I've been reading over the Motordyne website and am having a hard time choosing which one would be right for me. I live in Southern Ontario, Canada, so the car will be driven during times of snow (about 4 months of the year), but I basically only drive my car 2-3 times per week (usually on the weekends). My future mods (hopefully this year) will include an MRev2 and Stillen Cat Back exhaust with headers to follow. I'm not looking at anything serious, just your basic bolt ons that I can do in the garage to make my car sound and perform a lot better (and stick me into the seat a bit further) for those few days that I am able to take her out for a spin.

So whats your opinions? Should I go with the 1/2" or 5/8" plenum, and would I be able to get away with the basic plenum, or should I go with the Iso thermal or Copper? I'd like to stick to simplicity aswell since my girlfriend may drive the car in the future, and the less she's under the hood, the better (or behind the steering wheel, but thats another issue).

Any help you guys may have would be greatly appreciated, and great site by the way, I'm glad I came across it, you've already helped me out a lot.

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

I went with the 5/16 Thermol...I'm in Toronto,so don't really worry about the weather.

Did u go to the Modification Database thread here?

srv2nv

Yes I have, which is great, and where I've gotten most of the ideas for what mods I'd like to do.

That brings me to another question though, unfortuantly my car is automatic, does that mean I shouldn't install the MREV2 on my car?

It was a question asked in the thread, but was never answered, although I can't see why not.

G_whizz

I don;'t see why not? Never saw that question in the thread...must have missed it ....my bad

But, just double check with Joe at Everything G35. He is VERY helpful

1-888-216-5328

BTW...where have you been getting your mods?

srv2nv

I'll make sure to give Joe a call before I order it then to make sure.

So far, all my mods have come from EverythingG35.com and I've been very pleased. Great packaging, good deals and very fast shipping (even to Canada).

I was planning on purchasing the MREV2 and Plenum directly from Motordyne though due to the price difference.

G_whizz

Are you sure Joe isn't cheaper?

Double check that...see if they can give you a good rate on sipping due to your past patrionage

sxtrailrider
Car: sedan G 35

what do you guys think about the skunk2 racing plenum spacer (composite material) half the price of motordyne and it is a 5/8.

http://www.skunk2.com/Merchant...unt=0

i can find it for $174 online.

srv2nv

G_whizz wrote:Are you sure Joe isn't cheaper?

Double check that...see if they can give you a good rate on sipping due to your past patrionage
I just noticed that they have a special on all the plenums EXCEPT the 5/16 ISO Thermal. D'oh.

I've emailed them with my questions, and should hopefully get a response soon. Thanks for the help!

Another quick question though...When you say you went with the 5/16 thermal, do you mean the Iso Thermal, or the basic plenum? I live just on the other side of Hamilton, so I'm going to assume that I'd be happy with the same plenum you installed.
Modified by srv2nv at 5:01 AM 4/17/2007

G_whizz

I went with the basic and it's been just fine

srv2nv

Alright, sounds good to me. I'll be going ahead and ordering it today from everythingg35.com.

Thanks for all the help and information!

lekker_droom
Car: 2006 6MT Coupe

Skunk2 is supposed to have highest gains though composite materials they use and the 5/8" height.

I wouldnt expect to see 10hp extra on a dyno though. Skunk2 is a beast of a raceclub and builder but mostly only for Honda motors. Motordyne just got a bite on the Infiniti crowd for whatever reason. Motordyne is good too, very dedicated.

Would love to see Stillen make a plenum or plenum spacer.

G_whizz

pae9132
Car: Modified 03 V35

just posting for those that might want to see what this looks like if they are considering a plenum.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”