Need new clutch....need suggestions s13 sr20det

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
kpodj61240
Car: S14 Zenki

As the topic said....I dropped my tranny today and my clutch disk has some chips on two of the pucks. The pressure plate has some burn marks on it and was told I have to change it. I have two ?s Which clutch would suit me...I was running a 6 puck unsprung ACT clutch (did me good but was a little rough..i could go sprung this time??). I am making 380whp and 320tq. I hear good things about Exedy but i dont think the stage 2 work for me (it only holds up to 291 ft tq :frown: ). The car is a street car with the occasional drift/autocross/drag event (2 maybe a year). 2nd ? is: the flywheel is stock..im trying to keep it that way..because im cheap. does anyone know how to measure the the thickness of the fly wheel to see if its in specs after i resurface it....and what are the specs please. my spending limit is 400-500. thank you for all your opinions...except negative one :p

MaximA32

Most SR guys will switch to a 4th gen Maxima flywheel since it provides a larger surface area to allow higher tq/hp cars to put the power down, as it were.

kpodj61240
Car: S14 Zenki

Awesome! I never knew that. Thanks for the info

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”