Need Neutral Safety switch-m35x

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Jooonam08
Car: '08 Infiniti M35 AWD w/ advanced tech pkg

hey, anyone out here know where I can find a neutral safety switch for an 08 infiniti M35X,.. my transmission shifts well and it only starts in neutral or park, but I got that p0037 code, also does anyone know how to address the hard shift down from 4th to 3,i get that if I happen to slam on the brakes, like if a car pulls in front, and also will a neutral safety switch for a Nissan máxima fit an infiniti, on ebay apparently it says the part will fit but am not sure bout it, some input would be appreciated, Thanks

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Jooonam08 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:25 pm
will a neutral safety switch for a Nissan máxima fit an infiniti, on ebay apparently it says the part will fit but am not sure bout it
Nissan and Infiniti use identical part numbers when a part is shared between the two. If the Nissan p/n and Infiniti p/n are identical, then the part is identical.

Jooonam08

Thanks for the reply, how bout the hard downshift how do you fix it

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Jooonam08 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:58 pm
Thanks for the reply, how bout the hard downshift how do you fix it
Not an M guy, folks like Ilya will doubtless know better than I do.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

There are a couple different valve body upgrades you can do to your transmission to address shifting problems. I dont know if they will work for you or not as your symptoms may not be related to what the mods try to fix. One is the TransGo shift kit:
https://transgo.com/product-details/re5 ... mming-kit/
and it looks like this is the same thing:
https://www.oregonperformancetransmissi ... L-RE5.html

and this seems to be an upgrade for a different part of the valve body:
https://www.oregonperformancetransmissi ... TL003.html

If you end up going with any of that, it is recommended to have a transmission shop that knows these sorts of things install it for you since it involved drilling out your valve body in some areas and that can be dangerous if you dont know what you are doing.

Jooonam08

Thanks for the info but that seems like a lot of work and costs, Amma let the next owner deal with that issue should it ever get worse... so far my transmission shifts well, no slipping or lingering on one gear for too long it only does that if I rapidly decelerate... some ppl have mentioned pulling the fuse that controls the Trans and allowing the ecu to relearn again the shifts but I don't know which one to pull or if it will help,... and can you offer input on where to find neutral safety switch coz I got that p0037 code, Thanks

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”