Need More Power, who can help?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

I am interested in tweaking my newly purchased 95 240sx SE, does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start, what upgrades to make and in what order?

At first I want to focus on horsepower and torque, then control and handling, etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

JeromeS13
Car: 2008 Subaru Impreza STI

Intake, header, exhaust. Those are the 3 basic mods that make a fair bit of difference. Those should cost you in the neighborhood of $1000 total. After that, you could focus a little more on smaller things. Injen seems to be the choice with intakes, just make sure you get the CAE. Hotshot is a common one for the header. And there are a lot of choices on exhaust. I'm more of a quiet kind of guy, as I'm leaning towards the HKS Sport, mainly because I've been told it is one of the quietest exhausts they make for our car.

ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

What does CAE mean in regards to the injen system?

Daunttless

Cold Air Extension, N/A cars use them to get more ambient air as they have no means of cooling the charge.

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

JeromeS13 wrote:I'm leaning towards the HKS Sport, mainly because I've been told it is one of the quietest exhausts they make for our car.
I ordered teh HKS Hiper and will have my car back later today to let you know how that sounds. I prefer the aftermarket look of a single canister rather than the dual tip/oval muffler that looks stock.

I can't wait! Just waitin for the call!

Nick.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”