Need information on purchasing 2000 nissan,frontier,crewcab,4x4,75kmiles

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
CRDLIBERTY
Car: jeeps,bmw soon 2000 nissan truck

Im a Jeep guy and have zero knowledge of nissan pickups. I have a chance to purchase a truck below wholesale looks like new. What should i expect in maintance to make this a reliable truck. i can change plugs,axle oil,engineoil,coolant,pads. When should i change out the timming belt just to be safe, is this engine piston interfearance like bmw or does the belt just break and strand you.

houdini
Car: 1993 Nissan 240 Convertable - Custom 2001 Nissan Frontier CC

CRDLIBERTY wrote:Im a Jeep guy and have zero knowledge of nissan pickups. I have a chance to purchase a truck below wholesale looks like new. What should i expect in maintance to make this a reliable truck. i can change plugs,axle oil,engineoil,coolant,pads. When should i change out the timming belt just to be safe, is this engine piston interfearance like bmw or does the belt just break and strand you.
well, you don't really have to do much to make it reliable. just routine maintenance. they are pretty reliable vehicles as is. the timing belt should be done around 80k if i remember correct. i did mine at 100k and paid ~500 for that job. if you are inclined, you can get a timing belt kit complete with water pump, etc. from coutesyparts.com for much less than a local deal. at least that was the case when i got it. i actually bought the parts from coutesy and then paid the 500 for the install.

i can't say for sure, but i think our motor is an interfearance motor.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”