SR20 - Need help with tuning.

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
white90esex
Car: 90 240sx
90 Q45
12 Titan Pro4x
06 xB

Allright, Ive never done ANYTHING with tuning just cause idk why. With my newly swapped S13 I really dont wanna not tune it and have it run like *** and possibly blow the **** up.

So basically, what im asking is what do you guys suggest I do to tune?

I have been thinking about a MAP ecu cause the owner of a shop I work at sometimes was reccomending it, its cost effective and I can do basically everything with it.

Ive seen people with JWT (and other company) tuned ECUs that are for what size injectors and turbo, ect. Idk if thats a very good solution or is it? Plus the price is kinda up there.

Also I seen alot of people, mainly KA guys do just an SAFC or something to tune.

OH, and also I was thinking about this. MY friend had a KAT and he had the very same turbo I have with stock injectors and no intercooler and no tuning whatsoever.

The thing ran fine, didnt lean out and ran for like a year till one day it randomly spiked to 20psi and blew.

Thinking about that makes me wonder if its fine to run my car the way it is and let the ECU adjust accordingly to what the MAF is reading. I was thinking about running lower boost like 10psi for now till I can get everything else. Im really anxious to drive it.

Thanks for your help.

nwmrkt
Car: S13

if your going for minor power for now...a safc would suffice, but me...im doing it right from the start, power fc for me.

BEST1TUNING.COM

You can do an SAFC, but for about the same price you can go through the ECU. The advantage of going through the ECU is you get better control of ign timing. Doing it "right" involves chosing the type of management that is appropriate for your application, trying to get more than you need will waste money and getting less than what you need will result in poor performance or broken parts.

white90esex
Car: 90 240sx
90 Q45
12 Titan Pro4x
06 xB

So, check it....

So pretty much this is what im running.

Blacktop srGarrett T3/T4 60trimplanning on either 650 or 740cc injectorsNot sure about what cams yet, im still trying to research and learn

Also in the near future looking to get a new HG, greddy or some other intake mani with 90mm Q45 tb.

IDK what all is relivent with tuning cause Im still really new to all this stuff.

Helpfull hits on what to maby run (parts or tuning or whatever) would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks-

Return to “Engine Tuning”