NEED HELP with remanufactured 2013 fininiti fx37 I key

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
stevenrocky
Car: 2013 Infiniti FX37 AWD

I recently bought an intelligent key from Ebay for my 2013 infiniti fx37, I got my fx used and only one I key, so I need a spare key.
Here's info for the key: 13 14 Infiniti FX37 QX70 Smart Key Fob Remote 4BTN Hatch KR55WK49622
I went to an auto locksmith today, and the tech told me since the key is not NEW, he can't program it. Is it true? Please help me out thanks.

TheGreyOne
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX-35 Journey

Programming intelligent key… I got the same story from my locksmith. If it is the same FCC number it SHOULD be able to be programmed… shouldn't it. HELP!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO!

I know this will sound rude, but did you even try doing a SEARCH first? This subject has been discussed ad nauseam throughout NICO. For what it's worth, here's some instructions I found doing a quick search in the Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum.
To reprogram (enter new ID) key fob (keyless remote controller) follow these steps.

1. Close all doors and lock all doors

2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition key cylinder more than six times within 10 seconds.
(The hazard warning lamp will then flash.)

NOTE:
Key should be withdrawn from ignition key cylinder completely each time.

NOTE:
Do not rush the insertion/removal key cycling process. The side marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will flash twice when this step is accurately completed.

3. Insert key on ignition key cylinder and turn ignition key switch to "AAC" position
At this time, the new ID code is entered and original (previous) ID codes are erase.

4. Press any button on the new remote controller once. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash)

NOTE:
Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful. The side marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will flash twice when this step is accurately completed and programming is successful.

If there is only one remote controller skip step 5.

5. Additional ID code entry
Release the door lock, then lock again with door lock/unlock switch (In power window main switch)

6. Remove key from ignition

7. Unlock driver side door, open driver side door and then close the door. (END)

NOTE:
If you need to activate more than two additional new remote controllers, repeat the procedure on step 5 "Additional ID code entry" for each new remote controller.

NOTE:
Entry of maximum four ID codes is allowed and any attempt to enter more will be ignored.

TheGreyOne
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX-35 Journey

Sorry Rogue One, I didn't mean for you to "ad nauseam" all over your page.

Yes… I DID search and found all kinds of references to rekeying on this and other forums. But they ALL had one phrase that was a stumbling block for me:

"Insert and remove the key from the ignition key cylinder more than six times within 10 seconds."

My 2008 EX-35 is a PUSH BUTTON start and doesn't have a "key cylinder". I tried cycling the START button through the off-acc-on cycle 6-7 times. Nada. I tried shuffling the smart key into its "holder" or receptacle 6-7 times. The hazard lights did not flash.

SO… if someone knows how to re-program the intelligent key for a PUSH BUTTON START, that would be great to chat with you.

Again Rogue One… I apologize for not mentioning it was a push button start.

/

wirelessroute
Car: 2010 FX35 and 2012 G37

I bought a 2012 G37 recently it came with 1 key. I purchased a 2nd key off eBay from that was used and programmed to another G37 which had been wrecked and was not needed. I opened my working key up and made sure the key I ordered matched exactly. I contacted the dealership who of course wanted to charge the most. I found a local locksmith that was familiar with this type program.
He came to my house and asked for the working key. He programmed it in about 15 minutes. We tested it, I paid him and he was on his way. So yes it sounds like the locksmith you contacted doesn't know what he is doing
Try calling or emailing a few in your area or try the local infiniti or Nissian dealer as last resort
Good luck!

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”