Need help with RB26 vacuum lines

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
noodl35

Almost done with my r33 rb26 swap into s14 and I'm needing some help with some vac lines. Sorry bout the questions, just that I've searched and not much info on rb26 swaps, so just a little help clearing some stuff up.

1. Vac line at end of balance tube:
Can I use this as a boost gauge source?

2. I think r32 rb26's only have 1 brake boost vac hard-line but on my motor there are 2. Is this right? I know my brake booster rubber line goes into one of these ports but what do I do with the other? Can i just cap it off?

3. I have this rubber hose coming out of hard line from my fuel tank. My 98' 240sx didn't come with an EVAP canister and I believe this is for getting rid of atmospheric fuel smell. Would it be okay to just let this vent out?

4. There are 2 rubber lines on the front of the motor that I know go to a skyline EVAP canister, but since I'm not using it, can I just cap these 2 ports off as well?

5. Lastly, by looking at Tyndago's vacuum diagram, the green & blue rubber hoses that connect to the stock boost solenoid on the passenger side. Can I just those 2 ports for an aftermarket boost controller? I believe so.

Thanks!

gawdzilla
Car: none

i'll help where i can from memory..

1) Yes. that's the oem boost gauge source.
2) the gt-r also had a clutch booster. since the S-chassis' don't, cap one and use the other for brake booster.
3) Yes, that should be fine
4) those are probably vacuum too, so yes they can be capped. But trace them down to the source and make sure.
5) Yes, but I'd trace them out to make sure.

noodl35

Thanks for the clearing that up.

jetdriver
Car: 1998 S14 RB25DET

FYI your car does have an evap canister. It is in the back right corner under the car. That is where the line next to the fuel filter leads to.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”