need help with over heating ca18det and running wat too rich

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

I have changed the water pump, head gasket, water temp sensor and the thermostat. I also upgraded to a bigger fan (electric) with a temp sensor to regulate it.all this and i am still over heating.if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it.

I am also running very rich, I had custom piping made for the inter cooler to ensure no vaccumm leaks and i have a front mount i/c. I just cant figure out why it is running so rich.

also if anyone can tell me where i can get a chip for my car.

{Paul i cant register, i try and it says i am registered already.then when i go to post it has your info.??????? sorry , but i just don't get it.

thank you to any one who can help me out or to anyone who at least is cool enough to try.

Victor Garcia 92 - 240sx(ca18det)

Yht988_180sx

Are you looking for a VX-Rom chip for the CA18DET? There's a Mine's ecu for the CA18DET currently for sale on ebay. This is the same ecu i'm using right now for my engine. Go check it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...35174

About your engine running too rich, what maf and fuel pump are you using? Are you getting a lot of black smoke come out of your exhaust?

Is your electric fan coming on when it's supposed to? I'm using a Honda Del Sol radiator and the electric fan (half the size of the 240sx radiator) and my engine temperature is perfect. I'm just using a manual switch to turn the fan on and off from inside the car and it works just fine for me. I would check to see if the water is flowing correctly and if the fan is coming on at the right temperature. Hope this will be of some help to you!

Siddhartha
Car: cars computers women martial arts

"MovingViolation240", go to 'Post Reply' and look at the user you are logged in under. If it isnt you, click logout. Then you should be able to register.

280hp
Car: racing , women and sports

I was able to register.thanks that is exactly what it was, i guess when paul used my cpu last time he never logged out.

as for the running rich, yes a lot of black smoke. I am looking for a chip to run more boost.

i will check out the chip you mentioned thanks, but could you tell me a little more about it.

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

Whoever outbid me on that ECU on ebay you suck! I was gonna get it and make copy's of the chip, but $51 is too rich for my blood.

PSthanks for using my name...........

280hp

Paul, would the Z32 maf work on my car with out reprogramming the ecu? by the way call me if you get a chance.:cool:

looksLikeA240
Car: break dancing

If you find out what is causeing your over heating. Please fill me in, got the same problem, but have not yet done thermistat and sensor, or checked the head gasket here. I will let you know if i figure it out as well.

Peace,Dustin

looksLikeA240

never mind ,,,, replaced the thermistat and it's working ok for me now.. sorry, wish i could help. Did you check your head gasket

280hp

which thermostat did you use. what part number or from what year and car. I am going to try buying another one.

looksLikeA240

87 pulsar 1.8 ca18de

Do you have water flowing?

280hp

can you see the water flow when you take the rad cap off.when i take mine off it hardly moves and when you give it gas it moves a little more but not much more.i ordered a three row core rad so i will see if that solves the problem.please let me know if yours flows a lot.

looksLikeA240

yeah its flowin now. Wasn't before the T stat though. I hope your car works out. Let me know if you need anything.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”