Need help with NICO membership

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
firedane
Car: gearhead, restore old houses, computers

Hi all, I have been gone for several months and I see life has changed around here. I need to get in touch with whoever collected my lifetime membership dues back in January. I had contact with a Rexannebirk@nico in April and was assured my membership package was on its way. Then in June I contacted the site again and received a reply from a Mary Rampi stating that she would look into it and get it taken care of. Now, inAugust I still haven't received anything. I sent a very stern letter to [email protected] on 7/26 and did not get a reply from that either. I like the forums and the help, but my patience is about gone. If anyone can get this straightened out befor I go ballistic it would be greatly appreciated.

Joe Slye[email protected]Medina, Ohio

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

just hang in there. with all the site changes going on it's been busy busy. what's the membership package? i never heard of this. i just thought the membership was a good way to save $$ via discounts through the nico store. i know mine has more than paid for itself.

lonallenq45

I know more than once I was told to expect something in the mail, just hang in there. Sent my snail-mail address twice. I haven't received anything either. I was under the impression some cool "NICO" stickers and other stuff advertising stuff would be in it along with whatever else.

Lon

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Like all things on the Internet, the old NICO stickers are not relevant since they use the recently deceased .com top level domain rather than the current .net.

I only have about 5 of the old ones left (thanks AZhitman), so it is very frustrating I cannot tag Infinitis that I see. Especially when I am at a dealer!

Let's get these distributed because every member will evangelize this board. Probably even pay for a roll too! I've offered, but no response.

More members mean more cars preserved means better prices for members on those parts. And maybe some recognition from Nissan Corporate. Mercedes and BMW certainly support owners of their vintage vehicles.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Firedane,

First of all let me apologize profusely to you for this screw-up...

I'd hate for formerly enthusiastic members to become disenchanted for entirely avoidable reasons ,and I know/suspect you are not the only one who hasn't gotten his packet.

(I haven't gotten mine either and I am arguably one of the most visible members of NICO, with almost 1400 posts at last count , when the old board went off line)

I have already posted this on the moderators forum and will email the powers that be shortly.

As a mitigating circumstance, please understand that all of NICO's staff is very part-time right now, with other professional commitments.We are all primarly enthusiasts here, that do this for fun.In addition those that pay the bulk of the server bills around here, have had a particularily high workload getting ready for this switch in the last several months.

I have brought a suggestion up to the moderators, that perhaps we may spread this workload out to ensure those things get done (or get done at all).

I will keep you and the board posted on our progress on these issues.

Fred...:)

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I just found out some additional info for you:

One of the reasons of our move from the old set-up were several glitches.

One of which, made emails sent on our NICO email disappear.

So I suspect, at least some of the emails you sent didn't make it.

Oue new email for membership issues is:

[email protected]

You can use that one if you like, but you dont have to, I already sent a couple of emails on this.

Fred...:)

PS: I am moving this to general chat so non-infiniti folks with similiar issues may view this thread...:thinker

Return to “General Chat”